• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Best looking tube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
big 6L6

Attachments

• 6l6 big.jpg
    6l6 big.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 701
there goes my spare time...

OK, there went my time planning for today... going through the ones I half forgot and more...:D
Of course the 813 is one of my favs. The first I ever bought because of the way it looks.
attachment.php

The ECC32 is another one that I like to see and sounds good too :cool:
attachment.php

If you like DHT's, this is the one:
TB3-2000_Phil_AUT41213.jpg

Attachments

• 813_CV4004.JPG
    813_CV4004.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0554.jpg
    DSCN0554.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 157
Western Electric 212E SET Amplifiers with a Playstation controller means only one thing... Playstation 1 CD player! Makes everything in that picture that ever so little more awesome. And it lets me post a link to my second favourite article about the PS1 CD player.

Sony PlayStation 1 CD player | Stereophile.com

And in a thread related note, I would absolutely love to have either of those large amps in my living room. It not only amplifies music to a greatness, but lights up the room AND heats it also. :rolleyes:

And in a thread related note, I would absolutely love to have either of those large amps in my living room. It not only amplifies music to a greatness, but lights up the room AND heats it also. :rolleyes:

I don't think my wife will agree with getting more amps to reduce the gas bill :p
I should finish the 813/QB2-250 amps to warm up my office though (and keep the kids out...).

The 833 amp in the picture has been upgraded to TB3/2000 outputs some time ago. A lot better looking piece of glass :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.