Best Gainclone Design is?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
matjans said:
hey waben, if (when?) you know where to get those caddock's in holland, let me know. I couldn't find them and had to order them in germany. i'm using 18-0-18 and that's enough for my 87dB 8R speakers.

btw: i do have an input cap 'cause my pre has a little dc offset.

Hoi Matjans,

I'm searching me behind of for the caddocks, sofar without result :bawling:
I've called a load of electronics dealers and when i say 'caddock' 'vishay' or 'riken' most of them go 'never heard of those'. If i can find em somewhere i'll let you know.
However...DIYparadiso does seem to be able to deliver the MK132, emphasis on 'does seem' cause sofar i haven't had a reply from them...when i get a reply i'll let you know...i have this feeling it might turn out he'll be asking a "small fortune" for the caddocks.

I'm gonna try input caps aswell, and i might add a pot meter temporarily.

Another thing i'm considering is battery PS, if it wasn't for the recharging dillema i'd go that road, don't want any AC noise and the 'recharge when amp power is off' isn't an option cause i always leave my stuff running.

As a side note, thanks to peter D. and everyone else here for sharing all their info, loads of things to learn and discover in these forums.

Cheers,
WB

Peter Daniel said:
partsconnexion.com and percyaudio.com carry Caddocks.

Thanks for the tip, think i'm going to have to buy them at percyaudio.co(good prices he has) and/or partsconnection cause the company i mentioned earlier doesn't seem to sell any of the brands afterall.

Was browsing through all the parts at partsconnexion.com and came across the audio note binding posts. they're 70 micron thick silverplated. Anyone here have experience with those binding posts?

Cheers,
WB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.