• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BC560C

If Gabe or Dan provide a zip code you can use PirateShip.com to get an accurate shipping estimate. This is what I used to buy a shipping label, print to pdf, and provide it via PM (or email).

The price of each is listed in prior post ($0.20/ea?), double for a pair ($0.40/pair?).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If Gabe or Dan provide a zip code you can use PirateShip.com to get an accurate shipping estimate. This is what I used to buy a shipping label, print to pdf, and provide it via PM (or email).

The price of each is listed in prior post ($0.20/ea?), double for a pair ($0.40/pair?).
Thank you, yes 20 cents each and I’m only selling them as pairs.

Dan

The OP paid me through PayPal and reminded me of something, I hate PayPal lol. I basically only use PayPal to pay for goods I purchase online, never really take payments. Maybe take one payment a year if that. PayPal took it upon themselves to make my account a business account so you can only pay me for goods and services. This reason, I strongly prefer a service like Venmo. I don’t know if they have Venmo in other countries, but if PayPal is your only means of pay, I just ask that you cover the fees so that I receive $.20 per device man, PayPal will be a thorn in my side forever .

Dan

I have a large number of BC550 and BC560 in my stash. I bought them when they were getting rare at the usual stores, with the idea of doing a group buy (see here). I managed the group buy for a short while, but I got tired of the nitty gritty involved with the group buy. If someone is interested to get (most of) my parts to make them available here, please let me know.

I have a large number of BC550 and BC560 in my stash. I bought them when they were getting rare at the usual stores, with the idea of doing a group buy (see here). I managed the group buy for a short while, but I got tired of the nitty gritty involved with the group buy. If someone is interested to get (most of) my parts to make them available here, please let me know.

Well cool, if they end up being more people, then I can supply then you have a stash. I’m guessing, especially being in Switzerland that you don’t want to deal with shipping to individuals. Depending on the price for a bulk by maybe someone here will be willing to front the money and purchase yours. Realistically, I wouldn’t mind doing it, I just need life to get a little, less stressful, and I know that’s around the bend. Shoot me a p.m. and let me know what you’re looking to get for what quantity and if it makes sense maybe I’ll grab a bunch from you. I supply some folks here, and, I don’t even sell the original thousand I was offering then it doesn’t make too much sense to buy a bunch more.

Dan

After my post above I received a bunch of PMs regarding my BC550 and BC560 parts. I will not respond to each and every PM, but do it here:
  • I have approx. 2000 pieces of Onsemi BC550 and BC560 each. I am willing to part with them, keeping maybe 100 or 200 pieces for my self.
  • If someone is interested to get these parts and make them available here on diyAudio, please send me your offer and explain how you are going to make them available here.
  • For those who did not care to read up on the group buy link I posted above: read it.
    I will ignore any questions related to getting smaller quantities.

Thanks mbrennwa!
That was my initial intention, to buy some of these bc560c from that company and part them, but indeed shipping them outside US is a pain.
My plan failed and luckily saabracer23 came to rescue us, thanks saabracer23!
Someone in Europe should take care of the people from Europe, so keep those transistors there.
Have fun everyone!

Custom forms, time consuming.
Well, sending things out of Switzerland always requires customs forms. That's a piece of cake compared to all the other stuff: labelling bags, filling bags with parts, sticking bags into envelopes, buy new bags because they are running out, envelopes are also running out, pack more parts and envelopes, label printer is out of tape, can't find new tape, send out PayPal instructions to buyers, discuss with buyers, don't understand the address formats used by buyers from far away, missing phone number or country names in addresses, dealing with buyers special requests, label printer is out of batteries, yada, yada, yada.... I am not made for this.

Reactions: 1 users
After my post above I received a bunch of PMs regarding my BC550 and BC560 parts. I will not respond to each and every PM, but do it here:
  • I have approx. 2000 pieces of Onsemi BC550 and BC560 each. I am willing to part with them, keeping maybe 100 or 200 pieces for my self.
  • If someone is interested to get these parts and make them available here on diyAudio, please send me your offer and explain how you are going to make them available here.
  • For those who did not care to read up on the group buy link I posted above: read it.
    I will ignore any questions related to getting smaller quantities.
I did send you a pm inquiring about buying the lot if I started running low. I agree in keeping them on that side of the Atlantic as long as there is someone willing to distribute them, which it sounds like you don’t want to do. I don’t mind shipping out of country as long as the buyer takes care of most of the shipping work, but hopefully someone can stand up and grab those from you for a decent price, but so far I’ve only been paid for 150 pairs, so I still have plenty to go around.

Dan

I am hoping to get a grouping of you to commit to purchasing some pairs that I can send to the OP. I have one person that is committing to a purchase and is out of the country and would like someone else to handle the shipping. So I will hand that off to the OP, if there are others, please speak up so I can send a lot in one go.

Dan