• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BC560C

Dan
If you do have some to sell, let us know how much you want for them and if you can post a couple a picture of them, maybe I don’t have to organize anything after all.

Probably not as many as you’ve already have committed to buying them from you. I’d probably be willing to sell 1000 or so possibly 1500. Last thing I would want is to sell some off and then 20 years down the line I use my last ones and say bummer lol. I don’t think that’s likely, it’s not like I use a ton of them right now. I will be using them on the wolverine build though.

It isn’t a requirement, but I would be appreciative if those that buy 560s from me also consider getting some 550cs, that way, my numbers stay somewhat relatively even. Again, not a requirement, maybe if some do and some don’t I won’t be left with a few thousand 550C and half as much of the PNP.

IMG_0108.jpeg

IMG_0109.jpeg

Dan

One other thing, I wanted to mention, if this ends up going through. My house is currently torn up with a bunch of construction going on because of burst pipes during a freeze. so we are currently living in a rental that is being paid by insurance. I’m trying to say I don’t have a ton of extra time, so I would like to follow through with the OPs original plan where I would send a bulk amount to him and then he can distribute them among those who requested.

Reactions: 1 user
I never heard about http://www.flipelectronics.com/ until now, they are listed as authorized onsemi distributors, but so far I had no success to buy the BC560CTA from them, I will write and call again tomorrow, but after tomorrow I will simply abandon this idea.
I believe they deal more with large companies with large orders , 500$ for them means nothing, this is based on the emails I exchanged with one of the Distributor Sales Representative.

Well, $30 vs $20 for 100 qty, where one gets you what you need/want, and the other does not. 50% sounds like a lot until you consider its $0.10/part. Seems odd you can't get flipelectonics to sell you 2500 parts. That feels like it would be worth their while.

I talked to passive420 via pm and he wants 100 of each. Since asuslover expressed interest in 200 of the PNP only I will sell them to him, but going forward I would really like only let them go as pairs. I’m good sticking with the .20 for each device which is what passive420 and I agreed upon for both PNP and NPN. It’s too bad about flip electronics, but if you can get them elsewhere for .30 each, bird box is right, not bad for something that is unobtainium otherwise.

Again, since this thread was started by someone else I’d like to be able to just send them asuslover in bulk and then the OP can distribute them around the world.

So by my count those that have committed to buying from my lot, 400 of each are spoken for plus the 200 PNP from the OP’s request making it 400 NPN and 600 PNP.

I will count out a 1000 I little later, If im willing to let more go I will let you know. Maybe 1000 NPN and 1200 PNP???

Dan

Edit: I had not looked at my pms. The count is at 700 PNP and 700 NPN. (OP wanted pairs). I was also asked about the “B” gain version, sadly I only have a couple hundred of the 550 and absolutely zero of the 560. So unfortunately I cannot help you out with those.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Birdbox brought up a good point, for me at least. He is choosing to send me a shipping label so that I can print it out and ship them directly to him. That greatly reduces the time it would require to send them to each person, so if you’re willing to pay for and send me a shipping label I have no problem sending them to you myself.

Thank you
Dan

Reactions: 2 users
To confirm, I'm in for 200 pairs. Just let me know how do I send payment to.

Thanks,
I had you down. So I can send a grouping of transistors to the OP for those of you that would wish for someone else to take care of all of the shipping logistics if you are OK with purchasing your own shipping and sending me a label so that I can just print it, stick it, drop off at the post office then I can send them to you directly. Just let me know which way you would like to go. As for those of you, that would prefer to have someone handle the shipping I guess the OP and I can discuss people either paying him and he pays me one lump sum or people can pay me directly and you can work the shipping out with him.

Dan

Well thanks for taking one for the team Gabe and helping us avoid the pain. We all appreciate the effort. On a plus side, Dan came to the rescue!

Happy to do so, I have been helped in several ways by the folks here, and at Audio karma, so I like to return the favor. Here is an example of how it will go if you choose to submit your own shipping label. These transistors belong to birdbox.
IMG_0148.jpeg

I had a request to show photos of the BC550s I have. They were purchased from Mouser.
IMG_0149.jpeg

The loose bulk transistors (BC560) will be placed into a generic mouser bag (I keep mine from orders)
IMG_0150.jpeg

All of the transistors will then be put into an antistatic bag, even though they they really shouldn’t need it.
IMG_0151.jpeg

And then that is stuffed into a padded envelope. They are 4” x 7” envelopes (10.2 cm x 17.8 cm)
IMG_0152.jpeg

For those of you that want 200 pairs of each and want me to ship them directly they will have to go into a bigger envelope, I don’t think I’d be able to get them all to fit in here along with the antistatic bag. as I mentioned earlier, my house is under construction so as soon as I can find a scale, I will let you know what 100 pairs in an envelope weighs to give you an idea of what shipping will cost.

IMG_0153.jpeg

I have plenty, I’m still undecided if I will be willing to sell more than 1000 pairs but it is likely. They’re not all spoken for yet so maybe it will not come to that.

I didn’t have to ask birdbox as he offered it up himself, but I ask for payments (Venmo or PayPal) to be F&F only. I have been bitten in the past by someone filing a claim after they had received what they purchased just so they can get their money back. I talked to someone else and that person to the same to them so I know he was scamming me. it’s unfortunate that it had to come to that but it is what it is.

So those of you that want to email me a shipping label just contact me directly and I’ll get you payment information. Otherwise maybe we can keep a tally in this thread for those that would prefer to have them shipped directly from the OP.

Dan