bass unit to form a 3-way system with Scan-Speak Reference Monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a woofer/subwoofer:D to take over from my Scan-Speak Reference Monitors: http://audiocomponents.nl/speakers/scanspeak/reference/scanspeak-reference_eng.htm (far left speaker)
It is my intention to make a biamped 3-way system with it: one amp for the Ref. Mon., and one amp for the bass boxes. Crossover will probably be somewhere between 100 and 150 hertz. Maybe I'll cross even higher, around 200 hertz: if I close the port of the Reference Monitor that will lead to a Qtc of 0,4 and an F3 of 100 hertz.
I don't think the JBL is very good for the kind of bass I want. I am looking for a woofer that is very musical, and goes a bit deeper than that. The setup will be used for music only. I don't want to spend more than the Scan-Speaks would cost me. Normal price for two woofers here is 600 euro's, I can get them for 450.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.