• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Basic questions on configuring Tube AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sgrilli:

I don't know the answer to your question, but you need to consider what would happen with either or both switches in the "off" position. In either case, you have either the suppressor grid not connected to anything or the screen grid not connected to anything. For the most part, having tube grids floating is not a good idea.

For a couple of bucks, I would just get proper switches, or as Sagi mentioned, determine what mode you like during the build, and wire it that way.

Hi boywonder,

Great ... this is the answer I was expecting. Now I can make a more informed decision.

I'll proceed under the guidance received. First, I will test all combinations off the PCB and then decide what is the best way.

Thank you so much

Sgrilli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.