Balanced Zen Line Stage Preamp

Joined 2013
Paid Member
I sold all the remaining PCB's I had made. Nelson Pass supplied the gerber files for the preamp and power supply, see earlier posts. I used two power supply PCB's per channel for my build. I had them made in China using a PCB maker, I'll suggest to you what Nelson suggested to me, have 10 sets made and sell the rest as there is still people who want to build this GREAT preamp. It has so much gain and sounds incredible using the parts listed in the PASSDIY website article on this preamp.

Hi,

i had some pcbs left ....

Costs: 15€ (I ordered the min sets)
Shipping in padded envelope (no tracking, no insurance) to:
- Germany (without islands): 2€
- Shipping in EU: 4€
- other countries please ask
For other shipping options please ask also. Please contact me via PM, thanks.

Attachments

• pl45_kl.jpg
    pl45_kl.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 469
Did anyone order boards from OSH Park?
Everytime I convert gerbers to their format and then upload, my eyes get bigger seeing price.
But last year they add a new board style "After Dark". Only 1oz copper.
(Black FR-4 substrate with clear soldermask to show off all those beautiful copper traces.)
OSH Park Docs ~ Services ~ After Dark
Very spectacular!

Attachments

• PL45AR0-OSH.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 99
  • PL45BR0-OSH.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 72
Hello all:

I'm doing some cleaning and have a spare Zen Balanced and power pcb board set. I think I purchased these from Elwood some time ago..

$14 shipped in the US?

Vince

Attachments

• IMG_4885.jpg
    IMG_4885.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4886.jpg
    IMG_4886.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4884.jpg
    IMG_4884.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4887.jpg
    IMG_4887.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 198
I need to connect the balanced output of the Sony WM1Z to the Balanced Zen Line Stage Preamp.
From it, I need to connect the output with one end to the input of the Saksa85 amplifier. It is possible?
Or if I connect a balanced input, the output will also be balanced? Thank you for your response.

Help. Just built this preamp and have a problem, When I power the PCB from a -59 and +59 power supply. When I switch on one of the 22.1 ohm resistors R16 or R17 overheats. I have tried all components and they are correct, I have changed both mosfets and it still overheats. The circuit is obviously drawing too much power, but where from? I am using pcb from the original passdiy article. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated