Balanced F5 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are going to custom order from Harbuch, then I suggest you get him to make it from a 625VA core. Send him the spec sheet as is, and allow the height to go to 80mm maximum. The case will take this without problem. Outside diameter is same as 500VA. And you have 30% more margin for core saturation.

We might well do the same with SumR, if the size fits.

Patrick

Last edited:
If you are going to custom order from Harbuch, then I suggest you get him to make it from a 625VA core. Send him the spec sheet as is, and allow the height to go to 80mm maximum. The case will take this without problem. Outside diameter is same as 500VA. And you have 30% more margin for core saturation.

We might well do the same with SumR, if the size fits.

Patrick

Will do. Thanks Patrick

F5 MULE pcb

Enclosed F5 triple pcb

This is the Mule not balanced I will use this for matching and component selection
Balanced version is more or less cut rotate and paste job not finished at present need track work and component numbering.

Just drop me a line if you need gerbers or ACAD copy or whathever
WEEE will send them free of any charge and conditions.

Al

Attachments

• F5 Mule pcb0001.jpg
    F5 Mule pcb0001.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 618
quote > 12 / 15 / 18v would be more suitable to different First watt projects. IMO.
That is more people interested.

See post 124 and 125.

Can ask dudes to quote for any you like

ones in picture are 1000VA 24V with tap at 20V.

Minimum order 10

And Exactley same cost as to me (P&P extra obviously)

Al

Attachments

• Trafos.jpg
    Trafos.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 599
When we are quiet, it usually means hard work and progress.

We have now the regulator and capacitor boards done and checked. We also have the protection & control boards done and checked. I am trying another method of conversion for the amp board. Hopefully we'll have results next week. The documents for the schematics and bills of material are available as first drafts. And we have ordered parts for the prototype for the case, including heat sinks.

The team (of 7) is well organised as to who is going to do what. So hopefully, we shall be able to give you a clear picture before Christmas, with photos.

Patrick

News on the Tx front :

The Team 4
ichiban 2
Horio 2
pchw 2
johnwmclean 2

The SumR transformer according to spec and the above quantity costs 104 USD each on a 500VA core, and 124 USD on a 600VA core. Outside diameter is same at 140mm. Height is 15mm extra for the 600VA at 78mm. Both will fit our case.

From experience, a larger core is quieter. So the 20 USD is IMHO worth spending. But I am easy both ways. So the remaining 4 person can vote for which one. If 2:2 then the team votes for 600VA.

Please so send the following information to fitzfish by PM :

Name
Ship to address, complete with country, etc...
Email address
Do they want shipping insurance, Yes or No

He will then contact SumR to get quotes for direct shipment to you all, then give you instructions for payment, etc.

Patrick

PS Don't forget to vote for core size here first before PMing fitzfish.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.