• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Baby Huey GB PCB - EL34 Build Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my pairings of old German transformers of great quality (3 pairs), with the game in the secondary ones, in utilizations
L34, 6l6GC family, I was surprised, with what are 3 stereo, wonderful sound in the prototype tested (common LTP, not BH).

One PP 5K5
one Paralell PP 5K5
(for other proyect,It goes somewhat slower, a matter of chassis and force transformers.

2 BH, I will soon finish, just, the Caps 47uF 500V, MLCC and the MKP 160V, that I am going to order today, the chassis almost ready :))

and a third pair, Raa 3K4, if I remember correctly, Francois recommended me to BH KT88s with great caution biasing.

I do not have a room where I need KT88s, I am not going to buy simple tubes of current production, I had planned to leave them for Paralell PP 6P14P-EB, since with the acquired Toroidy, my commitments (rather, thanks to two friends who have helped me a lot, and one of my uncles, very important to me) rather gifts than commitmentsd.

I can see some possibility with EL504 NOS Miniwatt wiht these output values.

Has anyone used this type of EL504 tubes with good results?

Adapting sockets + B, bias and possibly some resistor .....

The EL504 with these 3K4 OPTs how would they sockets adapt into BH MK2 circuit?

Best regards and
Sorry for my Google translator English

Fernan

Has anyone tried to use tubes with different heater voltage requirements? I was considering 25L6GT's, which should be similar to a 6V6 in terms of power. In theory it should be possible to feed 25v for the heaters of 4 * 25L6GT, and then supply the ECC83's in series (2 * 12.6). I would need to be able to isolate the heater supply for just the ECC83.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.