Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no need to put metal plate in between xformers

it can be counter-effective, if you forget to put it in sandwich between two rubber plates

you need just rubber there

I've posted appropriate sketch (from DEFiSIT thread)recently, but here it is in words,from top to bottom:

nut
spring washer
metal plate
rubber plate
Donut
rubber plate
Donut
rubber plate
bottom amp plate

and long bolt going through, from bottom plate to nut on top

as always, worth telling , do not attach anything else to top side of central bolt

you can double bottom rubber plate, considering that you got 2+2 with 2 Donuts

Last edited:
Joined 2012
Paid Member
One thing that the middle plate does with Antek transformers is that it keeps the bottom transformer centred, as the Antek transformers do not have their centres filled.

From the bottom, I have rubber, transformer, rubber, steel plate, rubber, transformer, rubber, steel plate.

Also with stacked transformers, the top of the upper transformer may be very close to the top plate of the amplifier case. Make sure that the bolt/nut does not touch the top plate!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
wires doesn't matter

Covid in Serbia - there is definite end of the tunnel, curve is flattened and declining, in fact

now things with curfew, expecting to see that eased soon, and after that I'm just looking are those damn planes start flying ...... to get packages and send some :clown:

not even mentioning that I care for plenty unknown and for some known ppl abroad, besides my Sis's both kids being in States ......

Hi,

Just have time to put the SissySIT into a case. Everything is fine and it does really make music. Thanks ZM.

I just measured the temperature, the SIT is 55 degree C and the MOSFET is 75 degree C (at the steel washer). Is it a bit high for the MOSFET?

I set the Iq to 1.6A and am afraid of setting higher due to the high temperature in MOSFET.

Thanks and good health to everyone.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I covered that too - I said several times that silicone sheet (btw. which Pras is sending for free, along with bushings, if you buy SIT from him) is perfect for SIT, as in SissySIT its sheer case size is taking care of peanut dissipation

T0247 cased mosfet is opposite case, it really starts sweating when you approach 35W++ dissipation, and you need to take care

My SissySIT:

Attachments

• 7f4ad48e-87a1-4218-8022-7990aacca9f8.jpg
    7f4ad48e-87a1-4218-8022-7990aacca9f8.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 257