Aurel Bryan Fullrange drivers

My units are back and need to play in. First impression: more open and more depth. Will keep you updated. It takes around 200 hours. I use them in a box supplied by Rudy Gunawan (Aurel Bryan). This is the original box he also used for the magnet version. The difference is the hole on the back. Still in love with this units... They are very good, and the cheapest fieldcoil available I guess...

I had 1st gen aurel bryan with empty dust cap as TS had, now i have upgraded to a new design which use phase plug. i just sent my unit to Rudy as designer and he upgraded it properly

test with my other drivers : alpair 10p & dynaudio mw152

I can say that the new gen of aurel bryan has much better balance sound and less peak noticed by my sensitive ear. cranking the volume still keep it's balance

meanwhile dynaudio mw152 started to give me headache due to occuring peak, adding 0.82mH helps to tame that peak. however alpair 10p here gives the biggest peak which i can't endure. maybe that's the reason this alpair stays in my drawer

kudos to the new gen Aurel Bryan 👌

Attachments

• IMG-20220412-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220412-WA0000.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG-20220412-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220412-WA0001.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 189
  • P_20220417_151733_1.jpg
    P_20220417_151733_1.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
I had 1st gen aurel bryan with empty dust cap as TS had, now i have upgraded to a new design which use phase plug. i just sent my unit to Rudy as designer and he upgraded it properly

test with my other drivers : alpair 10p & dynaudio mw152

I can say that the new gen of aurel bryan has much better balance sound and less peak noticed by my sensitive ear. cranking the volume still keep it's balance

meanwhile dynaudio mw152 started to give me headache due to occuring peak, adding 0.82mH helps to tame that peak. however alpair 10p here gives the biggest peak which i can't endure. maybe that's the reason this alpair stays in my drawer

kudos to the new gen Aurel Bryan 👌
1664981819516.png

mw152

I have finished MW152 on other 3way project, while I'm building Whammy preamp to SIT L'amp for Aurel driver. now I have to crank my dcb1 volume to max for Aurel, with extra more juice from preamp will give me extra headroom

I use 80L BR box with 8.5cm hole without port, this box was occupied by AudioNirvana Classic 8 but now Aurel replaces it, AN is removed and stay in the box now.

I can say that Aurel improvement is subtle compared to shouty AN, eventhought Aurel has to trade more balance sound to lower sensitivity. it has higher sensitivity than Markaudio 10p, maybe around 92dB

Attachments

• P_20220818_214238_1.jpg
    P_20220818_214238_1.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 134
  • P_20220612_184338.jpg
    P_20220612_184338.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 129
I use the 8 inch fieldcoil version of their speakers. Exceptional good sounding. My units are for a update at Aurel Bryan, they will be back end of this week. Later I can post more information or pictures.
Hi,

Did you receive your upgrade and how do you like them? Are you using their aperiodic transmission line cabinet?

What kind of spl can you attain and what size room are you playing in?

Got photos?

Thanks

Awesome! I'm building a pair (same cab) right now. Using ferrite magnets. Might step up to field coils in the future. My veneer arrived today for the cabinets. Time trip get to building.Have you measured the sound pressure from the field coils? Just wondering. Look forward to your impressions and photos!

Awesome. Is that the power supply with the tube being the speaker ? What kind of tube does the power supply take?

I'm still building my cabinets. Drilling out all this holes for the mid-range vents and the lower bass are definitely some work. You must be really enjoying the field coils. I think these drivers have some really amazing mid-range and I'm sure the bass will extend down to 30htz with the transmission line. I also went for the super tweeters he offers. Must sound amazing. Congratulations!