Aura 3"...phase plug?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The relatively new Aura 3" drivers with the smooth cone (NS3 something? )

Wouldn't there be the same nastiness inside the voice coil as with a driver with a dustcap?

Does anyone think you could improve the sound by cutting out the center of the cone and installing a 'phase' plug?

It would possibly spoil the looks, but ...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
jeremyg said:
actually it shouldnt be to bad....as we are set up with a nafta agreement through UPS...most take under 7 days....but we will see....as shipping companys never cease to amaze me with their red tape and stupidity

I hope you didn't send them UPS... if they ask for the typical (and ridiculous) $25USD to clear them at the border i'll just refuse them as a matter of principal and you'll see them back (i have had a few UPS that have gotten thru thou)

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
jeremyg said:
sent UPS...and i prepaid all dutys and taxes....they should just give them to you and thats it....if for some weird reason they do charge you....tell them you dont want to pay the fees but want the pacakge....they will then call us and ask if we want to pay the fees....simple stuff

That should get thru then... it should be noted that there should be no duty, and that the taxes should be the GST which, if i'd paid it, i could claim back. It is the outrageous fee for doing nothing at the border that gets me upset.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.