Audison LRX5 600 No Sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Audison amp that I just picked up and it turns on, the green power light comes on with no other lights. There is no sound coming from any of the channels. Any one can lend me a hand on where to start? It looks like the bottom of the amp got wet, there is some corrosion on the aluminum end caps. Here are some pictures of the board.

Attachments

• 1977800575_20191217_155626_5152038_resized.jpg
    1977800575_20191217_155626_5152038_resized.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 1978724096_20191217_155632_4744138_resized.jpg
    1978724096_20191217_155632_4744138_resized.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 159
I don't want to start an argument but alcohol isn't a good contact cleaner. You need something that will stay on the contacts, will lubricate and will carry away any contaminants.

That said, the problem is now likely in the muting circuit. I'm assuming that you've already confirmed that the amp is producing both positive and negative rail and regulated voltage.

I don't want to start an argument but alcohol isn't a good contact cleaner. You need something that will stay on the contacts, will lubricate and will carry away any contaminants.

That said, the problem is now likely in the muting circuit. I'm assuming that you've already confirmed that the amp is producing both positive and negative rail and regulated voltage.

Perry,

I have voltage coming in and the power LED is lit. Are you referring the the rail voltage for the FET'S? Where is the muting circuit and how would I test that?

I don't have any information on this specific amp. I was hoping that someone who does have this information would give you specifics but no one has yet.

The rail voltage is the positive and negative on the output transistors.

The regulated voltage is the positive and negative voltage on the power supply pins of the op-amps in the preamp section.

The op-amps in the output section (near the bias pots) are likely used with switched voltage to serve as the muting circuit.

Measure the DC voltage across pins 4 and 8 of the 8-pin op-amps.

I don't have any information on this specific amp. I was hoping that someone who does have this information would give you specifics but no one has yet.

The regulated voltage is the positive and negative voltage on the power supply pins of the op-amps in the preamp section.

The op-amps in the output section (near the bias pots) are likely used with switched voltage to serve as the muting circuit.

Would the op-amps be the 2 LM324D'S?

Perry,

Iam only getting 60mV coming in and out of the 2 LM324D'S

The LM324 isn't an 8-pin op-amp.

Pins 4 and 11 of a 14 pin op-amp and pins 4 and 8 of an 8-pin dual op-amp are the power supply terminals. Look up the datasheets to get more familiar with them.

Pin 11 may have no voltage as it's possibly connected to ground. Pin 4 would likely have 12v if it's being used as part of the primary control circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.