Audiotek on ebay...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audiotek - yup, they're gone

Looks like eBay pulled the plug on them, or so I'm guessing. I was still watching a few of their items (and the Q&A/comments associated with them), and they all disappeared. I'll give it a few days to see if I get anything more, and if they keep responding to email.
They always say when something seems too good to be true (like big Muse caps for $3.99 a pair or 4 nice gold-plate XLR connectors for $1.99), it usually is.
Good luck to everyone else who ordered with these guys...

Some of the stuff, they ship by ground/sea. I had won a pair of coils (heavy) and got those shipped air mail. Checking the postage, it cost them more than what I paid. Later I won a second pair and after not getting them within 10 days I emailed them and was told it was shipped ordinary mail and can take up to 8 wks. (For comparison, I've bought books from China and it does take 2-3 months to be delivered)

In all I've probably received 8 different shipments all by airmail and after adding up all the expenses I can't believe I spent over $400 in that shop, but have had no problems and always got my email responded in a timely fashion. I did try to be fair by waiting for several bids to be won before paying so they will bundle the shipment, thus saving them postage. Maybe I have been lucky, but I don't think the shop is a scam.

I did notice the feedback and the obvious tricks, but I though many of the feedback was also legit.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have been reticent in replying to this forum any more than I have, as I had won an auction with audiotek168 before finding this thread..., but I have just received my latest purchase from audiotek168.

I am willing to continue doing business with them until I get bit (I hope not to regret this)

I am not ordering very expensive items, by the way.

DIYERS.....Beware Alert!!!!!!

Hey watch out for this Scammer on EBay - "The DIY Audio Shop" manages by a scumball named "33kami".

He used to run the AudioTek168 and AudioTek968 but he closed up shop with Thousands of Dollars from us unsuspecting DIYers.

He emailed me back and said his account was stolen. Absolutely false as he sends a few of the small items and does not come thru with any of the big items! Scumball.. as I will be out at least $100 as the PayPal is past 45 days on some of the items.

He has over 150 Negative feedbacks in the last month as he closed down and opened under the "The DIY Audio Shop".

Buyers Beware... Spread the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please report diyjapan (Audiotek is back at it!)

Bad news!
Despite shutting down Audiotek's other aliases, ebay is still permitting diyjapan to continue with their scams. (I guess it's profitable for them).

I wrote to eBay, asking them to investigate diyjapan's obvious use of shill bidding and fake feedback(from their own usernames mobile6699, vickie.hu (plus the usual suspects, with usernames ending in '88'), and eBay's response was:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concerns with the bidding on the auctions of eBay seller diy.japan.We're always concerned about policy violations and appreciate your report.
We've thoroughly investigated your report, but we don't see enough evidence to say that a violation has taken place. We can certainly reopen the investigation if we receive more information.

So expect to see more frauds occur, and probably more of audiotek's aliases to pop up. UNLESS others report them!

If you have been defrauded by Audiotek and their minions, PLEASE check out diyjapan's feedback and report them, if you dare.

yet more Audiotek

After sending an email informing them of missing parts in orders I've already received, I just received this email from Vickie Hu from Audiotek overnight:

"We are sorry for this issue.
In order to protect your rights,you could file Dispute in paypal now.
Although our account was stolen and cannot do anything now,
but the fund is still in the paypal.
Papal will refund the payments soon."

And so I will file a dispute.

Good luck, all.

If you are in the audio buisess in Asia (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Singapore and Japan),you will know why audiotek could offer the cheap products.

In fact,all the products (as I know,WIMA/RIFA/HOLCO/BHC/DALE) are real and from the distributor or brach office.

Some big companies have a great forecast of some values in the early 2008,but unfortunately,the economic crisis coming in the mid 2008.....so the distributor need to throw out the stocks at a lower price.
If you have good relationship and cash,you could buy the volume stock from thoese distributors and branch office.

.....I am newbie here,but still in the audio industry now.:D

ebay Email

Just received 4 Emails from Ebay like the one below.

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

260363218985 - TOSHIBA HIGH POWER MOSFET Transistor 2SK1530 - 2PCS

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

Looks like Ebay have decided to close down the practices of this seller.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Another one?

Just did my daily search for (audiotek) listings and came across this one:

"hsuan05"

see item# 320342898610

It's a "buyitnow", but the location and "Free Shipping" have audiotek written all over them!

Checked out their feedback, and no obvious violations-yet.

I wonder: once they list a bidding auction, if one were to make an opening bid on one of their items, will it immediately be upped by a shill?

If not, it could be a way to get something cheap(or not)!

I'd appreciate someone elses help here- My eyes and fingers are getting tired of searching/bidding/reporting. :dead:

Geek said:

Out of curiosity.... if they are proven dishonest, why would you want to? :confused:

I have received everything I ordered and some stuff at incredible bid prices. Basically, I'm willing to take the risk for the price: if I get it, great deal, if I don't, no big deal and move on to another bargain. And the quality of the kits is outstanding.

I've learned that in life you can't win them all and if you win more than loose, then you are already ahead. Now the losses in my 401K, that would be something worthwhile to cry about :)

jtsaudio: I got a response from hsuan05 on availability of other Dale Resistors and he was polite and said more is coming ...

My emails to AudioTek168/33kami/DIY Japan/mobile6699 were very nasty and cruel and I even cut down his sidekick Vicki.Hu so he would NOT forget me!!!

I believe he is NOT mobile6699 or 33kami or whoever...

My 2 cents...

Thanks,

Dan

I looked at the listing.

OK, the inactivity for the past few years is strange but not unusual.
I think it is perhaps an unfortunate coincidence that he chose to re-open his store at this time.
The listing style and wording do not resemble the Audiotek listings.
He also, in the past, bought items, something audiotek only did from themselves.

So, for the moment, I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but I will continue to watch out for audiotek listings.

As was mentioned above, some of their products were very good value for money.

Andy

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Uh Oh!

I just read a few of his listings and couldn't help but notice he states:

*NOTE: Please place the order after careful consideration...Those who mark negative feedback without granting us enough time to resolve will be reported directly to eBay and added to our block list!

Now since he hasn't sold anything so far in the last 90 days and hasn't received any negative feedback, don't you wonder WHY he makes this specific comment (in bold red type at the top of the listing)? :confused:

Since this sellers statement JUST appeared since post# 70, either he is the same guy, or he's been reading this thread.
(Or it's just a coincidence?):whazzat:

HMMMMMMM...Makes ya wonder, don't it? :dodgy:

Let's keep an eye on this one!

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
hsuan05=audiotek on ebay- Here's PROOF!

The listing style and wording do not resemble the Audiotek listings.

Guys!

Of course he's changed his listing format and is being polite! ;)

Change of tactics is the best strategy for getting back in the game when you've been losing. :smash:

If you don't believe it's Audiotek, just look at hsuan05's cancelled listing for eBay Item number: 320341383202 :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=320341383202&_fvi=1

It was ended(and never relisted!) the very same day the other Audiotek diyjapan "store" was investigated and then shut down.

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."
Error my eye! :att'n:

Need any more proof than that? :whazzat:

Also, what are the odds that an unrelated seller would copy the listing from another on the same item, then cancel on the very day the other got busted????

"We won't be fooled again!"- The Who

AudioTek? It's only a virtual shop in ebay,not a company......
For example,the KIT in the stores below is almost the same as the AudioTek KITs.

http://stores.ebay.com/kikitronic_W0QQfrsrcZ1QQfsubZ181089017QQtZkm

All the KITs were from Taiwan or Hong Kong,and the brand is different.Anyone here could easily bought the KITs in market and sell in ebay.It means,anyone could buy the KITs or Parts in Taiwan or Hong Kong and sell in ebay.

I am Taiwanese but travel everywhere.
Just for your reference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.