Audiotek on ebay...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just received this email about 2 hours ago:

IMPORTANT NOTICE - Our Account Was Stolen!
We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.
Unfortunately, we will lost over 6000 feedback and have to start from zero.
Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email.

NOTE
We are going to setup a new site/account within this week. We will send email to all our customers after we finish all the procedures required.
If you have any urgent purpose of components, please also contact us.

AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

diy.texas@gmail.com

I replied immediately telling them NOT to ship, but to REFUND all my money.

I will follow up when I get a response (or not).

...I filed disputes immediately and escalated them to claims through PayPal a couple of days ago. But I am afraid unless you paid through the ebay-paypal route you do not get PayPal coverage. Sure enough AudioTek(whatever) has not responded to the disputes.

Update

EBay is still saying:

For legal reasons, we can't investigate further unless we have a copy of the email with its complete "header" as asked in our previous email.

This is depite my telling them that ALL communications took place through the "Messages" section of eBay(and they DON'T use "headers" ) ! Apparently, they have set up a system whereby the scammers can "fly under the radar"! -USELESS!

Plus, I just noticed that Paypal got a response from the seller with a "tracking number" on one of my orders for which I've filed a complaint.

This exact number, when entered into their postal system website, elicits the following response:

"The number is not correct, please check again".

I wrote back to the seller yesterday, asking them to provide the correct tracking number, and they replied:

" Sorry. We are in holiday now. Could you wait a few more day?

Since back on February 1st they already used the excuse that they were closed due the Chinese New Year holiday, would anyone care to guess which "holiday" they are in NOW ?

It sound like more stalling to postpone the refund, no doubt...

Same here - "stolen" account

I received not one but TWO emails about the account being stolen, and the second email is quite similar to, but slightly different than, the first. I am beginning to suspect that there is an internal fight over the control of the funds associated with these sales (I've seen this myself in a previous international venture I'd worked for). I suspect that these sales are the "surplus" left overs of failed audio companies, but could just be copies or "left-over" parts from the overseas manufacturing partner.
I'm guessing there is a fight going on, but just a guess.
I have made 5 groups of purchases from them recently, and just received the first (and thankfully the most expensive) box before these emails about the "stolen" account, mostly power supply kits (with no documentation whatsoever).
I suspect they are basically good folks, not intending to rip us off, but now in an internal squabble.
Cheers

Audiotek emails

What I meant to say, and didn't, is that the two emails I received were from different parties, and were slightly different from each other. I haven't filed with ebay/paypal yet, but will soon if things don't progress. I'm willing to give them some benefit of the doubt, since they did send my first order (which arrived in a damaged and partially open box, but was all there - even with a transformer bouncing around in the box, two tubes were still OK). I still have 4 orders (with around 30 total items) to come, so I hope it works out.
BTW, I have to say that I'm surprised at the quality of the components they sent in the kits I did receive - all the best stuff. I just managed to find the needed schematics from their website in Taiwan, so I can start stuffing parts (as soon as I finish the fetboy I'm working on).
Cheers,
Frank

They're at it again!!

They are at it again!
Their new seler ID is
mobile6699

If you look at their feedback, it is dominated once again by the following shill-bidders:

hng33388
nmn55588
bhn77688
sfg23188
vickie.hu

AND, note the last one. Interestingly enough that is feedback from one of their own (Audiotek) sellers: hu6073!!

Now tell me that they'e nice people and are only misunderstood!!!

Audiotek again

Hmmm - Vickie Hu is one of the two parties that I received emails from about the account being "stolen", the other was diy.texas. Vickie Hu is the one wrote that "Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday." Actually, looking again, they both say that.

I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise, but I have to agree the whole thing is very fishy, at best. I hope I get the stuff I ordered, but I'll certainly file a claim with PayPal, if not. Fortunately, I'm only out $125 bucks if it all goes south, for all 4 orders total... glad I received the first order OK, and that was the most expensive.

I hope everyone else gets satisfaction on this, one way or the other.

Frank

A new reply from DIY.Texas

I wrote an indignant but polite email to Diy,Texas explaining my position and what are they going to do etc....
I started it " to the Audiotek team AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073) including your newest members mobile6699 and diy.japan"
here is the reply (their spelling etc,)

Sorry
We will deal with th order immidiately.

I will wait

Andy

Hi !

Waiting for the delivery of some parts won in auctions.
I've received the same mails as posted upper.
Just hopping to be delivered with ordered parts.
Let you know... ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Our Account Was Stolen!

We are sorry to inform you that our ebay account was stolen. That is, our orginal account need to be closed immediately and avoid more problems.

Unfortunately, we will lost over 6000 feedback and have to start from zero.

Please don't worry , we are responsible for each order and will ship all the orders before this Friday. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email.

NOTE
We are going to setup a new site/account within this week. We will send email to all our customers after we finish all the procedures required.

If you have any urgent purpose of components, please also contact us.

AudioTek Team (AudioTek168/AudioTek968/hu6073)

diy.texas@gmail.com
2009-02-13

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking that by "stolen" it really means that eBay closed the account. Perhaps they are legitimate, and do intend to do an honest business. However, they appear to have been playing fast and loose with the eBay policies, especially with shills to promote themselves.

Audiotek update

I'm (partially) happy to report that I just received another box from Audiotek today, posted from Taiwan on 2/09. It only had 3 of the 4 items that I'd paid for on that particular order, but fortunately the most expensive of them (a power supply/regulator) is there (just missing some male XLR connectors).
Now, if I can get a couple more boxes of parts in (which include a couple more power supplies), I'll put all this behind me... I'm worried, but characteristically optimistic.

Frank

I was bidding on four items from Audio Tek on Dec.28 and won all four. About two weeks later I recieved one item, so far so good, but I haven`t recieved anything but bad excuses since then.
After filing a complaint thru Ebay about a month ago for two of the items I got instant reimbursement for those.I am still fighting/waiting for the last item if not for anything else, then just for the sport of it, and to see how many excuses they can come up with(only worth 15USD):rolleyes:

Update

Get this!

Twice I bid and won orders for 12pcs 4,700uf Nichicon KG capacitors from Audiotek, as well as 4pcs Gold Binding Posts, but they never arrived.

When I asked where they were, they said
"We have no stock of this item. Do you wanna change to any other item in our ebay store?"

I asked if they would substitute the Nichicon 10,000uf/63v caps they listed instead, they wrote:
"Dear clm811
NICHICON KG 10000uF 63V -20PCS,
GOLD BINDING POST- 4PCS
We will ship the the above orders by EMS.
Thank you very much.
- audiotek168"

I was instructed by Audiotek to send $30 via Paypal to vickie.hu@yu-home.net
for EMS(Express)shipping of the entire order .

Later I was promised by them that the complete order shipped on Feb 5th; however, when they finally gave a tracking number it said the shipment posted on February 10th.

Today, the Post Office says they have a (4 ounces) Express mail package from Taiwan for delivery.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I weigh a single Nichicon KG capacitor(I got some from Percy Audio, Thanks Michael!), they weigh about 3.5 ounces EACH!.

I've advised the Post Office that I am refusing the shipment as it's obviously not what I paid for(probably only the posts, which cost $5 )!

Could they have lied to me and charged me $30 to ship $5 worth of goods?
Most likely!

Once again: are these the actions of a good (or even "misunderstood")seller? Or those of a liar and a cheater?

You tell me.

Hi again!
I just found out that Audiotek doesn`t exist in Ebay anymore, so i guess that all our bad experiences belong in the history books.
And I guess my 15 Dollars too:bawling:
Left to say is that we can still name our future sons Bidden!
Which has to be positive in a world where everything is
for bidden.:D

I just got home to see two packages waiting for me.

They were shipped 10th and 12th february, with good delay after my order, but the actual shipping was really fast, in that case.

I've received 4 gigantic speaker binding posts (didn't check the length, *sigh*), 8 avalanche diodes in the one pack and some Silver solder in the other. All neatly wrapped, the diodes boxed in those useful lab boxes and accompanied with Audiotek168/198 business card.

Totally puzzled now... I'm not sure what to expect. I'll give them a few more days to see if there's anything bigger to arrive in the post and I'll contact them to check for the kit and ALPS pot i've ordered.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.