"audiophile grade" fuse holder??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even seasoned electronics engineers usually dismiss any problems that typical AC-DC conversion in audio power supplies can possibly add, but it is really important to put just as much into the power supply as the actual amplifying stages while addressing each potential problem like outside RF from the power line, ground contamination, overshoot from feedback regulated power supplies, etc, etc.

OK, after reading this entire thread, which I must say, the humor brought me directly out of my blues (Ukraine related), I have come to realize that, after all, all the power cords in the house, including lamps, TV, microwave, etc, etc, are all OK after all! I can finally sleep at night, knowing all my electric gizmos are OK!! And all the anxiety involved with the thought of changing out all the power cords.....all gone!! Thank you all for this relief!! I can now occupy my thoughts with other anxieties!!

Was this conclusion reached via a double-blind test? If not, it is NOT valid. People who claim to hear a sound difference between mains cables should be made to prove it, because it has NO scientific basis whatsoever.
If looking at the cable and knowing that that's a premium fuse holder under the hood makes it sound better to the owner, then it's worth it to him. I don't have to buy it, and furthermore it becomes futile and counterproductive to try to change minds on such things. Punched aluminum chassis will have the same sonics as a nice anodized one, but the sound feels nicer when you look at a nicely done chassis. If you can't see it and don't know which is which that feeling difference also goes away. It is a real feeling however.

I was skeptical this would work, but sprayed this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BXOGNI
in the fuse holders of my speakers, I was amazed
at the improvement in micro details. Seems to last about
two weeks.
Watching a football game on my home TV system...now hearing the stadium announcer clearly, sound of the band ricocheting across the stadium, clearly hear QB calling signals, etc... None of these details were heard prior to this treatment, or they were very muffled and unintelligible.

I am dumbfounded and amazed to read how good that spray is. I will try to buy one !

Status
Not open for further replies.