• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Audio Note M2 Riaa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually the riaa shd gain 37db with the ecc83 at first stage.

Pretty much correct with that. Most of the signal is going to ground with that wimpy 120k load for the ECC83 - but with the chosen B+ it would be tough to make any reasonable change. Also, it would include changes to the passive RIAA Network too.

I'm am actually surprised by the design - it must be a kit.. Since its on a board, changing to tubes with different pinout is going to be really annoying too.

I think maybe Merlin's idea might be worth a shot. That is, if shorter cables don't help... Where are you located? :)

Ian

Last edited:
Pretty much correct with that. Most of the signal is going to ground with that wimpy 120k load for the ECC83 - but with the chosen B+ it would be tough to make any reasonable change. Also, it would include changes to the passive RIAA Network too.

I'm am actually surprised by the design - it must be a kit.. Since its on a board, changing to tubes with different pinout is going to be really annoying too.

I think maybe Merlin's idea might be worth a shot. That is, if shorter cables don't help... Where are you located? :)

Ian

I live in Canton de Vaud, u ?

Also check out how Eli Duttman uses a mosfet follower in this phono design:

282066d1336879477-phono-line-stage-project-full-tweaked-rca-phono-stage.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.