• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Aspen Headphone Amp

I have done this once for a guy who wanted a pre-amp and that was to make the faceplate using a gold plated PCB and etch the decals on it. With surface mount LEDs on the back of the PCB shining through the PCB thereby illuminating the decals when power is turned on. It was a little over the top I guess but looked really very nice with charcoal spun aluminium knobs and it cost the price of a PCB.

In fact I used the box shown above - it looked like a million bucks

Nico,

I agree it's a nice case, but it's expensive, it's not a generic solution, and for almost all comers here it would be an imported item!!

Why not use an Eddystone or Hammond diecase enclosure? They can be painted, and will look very elegant if finished nicely! If you want to go expensive, how about the RS/Farnell catalogues? Of course, if the German enclosure is readily available, my concern is maybe unfounded, but what do they cost?

Your photos don't seem to expand out when you double click them. Are you putting them in as jpegs, gifs, or pngs as a attachment?

I certainly appreciate your drive to get on with it.

Hugh

I'm assuming we've decided on whether we want "line in" and "line out" jacks?

- keantoken

Hi Keantoken,

I think this goes without saying, because one would want to leave the headphone amp connected at all times and not having to rip all your neatly tied patch-cords out of the system each time that you want to listen to headphone.

Would you be happy with just a resistive split or would you insist on a buffer.

Nico

Then it will work for you except it will give you some gain into your power amp. I have not seen the final circuit but I guess there will be about 10 dB (maybe more). I will see if I can lay the board in such a way that it would be simple to by-pass the tone controls with a set if links maybe.

All I am waiting for now is the bill of materials so that I can create the library parts that the guys want to use.

Kind regards

Nico