Asathor - a JBL 4367 Clone

Turbowatch2 has already answered everything, but to be on the safe side, here is the exact name of the woofer again:
LaVoce WSF152.50

4 watts is of course not too much, but if high volumes are not required, it should be enough. The impedance correction, however, I would recommend in any case.

There are various speaker projects out there. You just have to do a search. Bass reflex needs a larger cabinet. So this would be another speaker. Even as the x-over may have some similarities, in the end it is a whole new project. This is often not understood. but changing "just a driver" does not work with the same tuning. This is even more true, if you pick cheap chassis and make them work much better than the $$$ would let you expect. Like the Asathor. Take anouter driver and you have something else. So, new driver, new x-over. This can not be said often enough.

PS the combination of woofer and horn size looks very harmonic to me. Smaller woofer? Not really.

Rese66 thanks for the confirmation and congratulations for the project. Have you ever evaluated a similar project but in bass reflex with smaller diameter speakers?
Thank you very much!
I have actually already thought about all possible alternatives in the size. For example, there is a small box with 8" woofer and smaller horn also from LaVoce called Azrael:
https://www.der-akustische-untergru...-projects/azrael-power-hifi-top-mit-pa-genen/
At the moment I'm working on a 12" top that includes a Beyma woofer and an RCF tweeter called Samael:
1672331444607.jpg

But both speakers are designed more as a top in combination with a subwoofer.

However, my good friend Alexander has created a great speaker with two 8" woofers and horn - also from LaVoce - called Alta Voce:
https://www.donhighend.de/?page_id=8971

I can recommend this speaker to anyone who finds the Asathor too big. And you do not even have to make compromises in terms of efficiency and low frequency response. A really great speaker that has no weaknesses and declassifies, for example, a Klipsch RP-8000F.