Argentines for the world!

We had the best car racer: J.M. Fangio.
We have the best football player (Soccer): Lio Messi.
We had the best football player (Soccer): D. A Maradona.
We have a queen in Holland: Máxima.
now, we have an Argentine Pope.

Next steep: the forum, ja ja ja...

Congratulations and good luck Jorge Mario Bergoglio!, although I'm atheist.

And the best hands of .......

Having passed a bit more than a year of the first non european and first argentine pope, which is your opinion about him? . . .
I haven't given too much more than passing attention to Pope Francis.

• Pope John Paul II easily showed more charisma and populist identity than any pope I can recall (going back to Pope John XXIII), but Francis is not far behind.
  • Although he has made some statements about reforms within the church's politics and government (e.g., relating to scandals over sexual abuse by priests), there doesn't seem to have been substantive change.
  • From time to time he has caught criticism from both the traditionalist as well as modernist factions within, and near to, the church. Being targeted by both sides is sometimes an indication that you are fundamentally right - and that you may not last long in your position.
  • He has made comments that, in my mind, should be taken seriously by world leaders and acted on but haven't been.
Dale

Paradoxically, he expresses what an argentine native isn't in the vast majority of the cases: decent, humble, simple, straightforward, colloquial, with solid principles and values, and a large et cetera.

Some Argentines ..especially the "porteños" (those who live in Buenos Aires - capital) are very racist or despective with countries like Chile, Bolivia, Brazil and Spain and thinks they are the center of universe :p.
I have some friends in Tucuman ... Oh those guys are so f**** funny and very humble ....

When an individual expresses such contempt to refer to their own country and their fellow citizens, the people who read it, even if they know little or nothing of the country concerned, they quickly form an opinion on who acts as ridiculous as shamefully. And I assure you this opinion will never be positive. You achieves nothing but ashame yourself. This is not the first of your rants, but also recently you've drop insulting opinions about argentine women , probably because no one of they ever bother to put an eyesight on you. Kind of frustrated Scrooge.

Reactions: 1 user