Are these 2sa970 2sc2240 2sd1609d Genuine or Chinese second source ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

What do you think about these Toshiba's 2SA1306/2SC3298? Fake or genuine? :scratch: What is your opinion. Those markings and the logo aren't same. Heck, well I'm not sure anymore. I've measured hfe which is around 160 and the breakdown voltage, around 250V. Especially I would like to hear Anthony, TheSaint, since he already used them in his projects.

Regards people.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Yet again difficult to say, the c3298 is genuine, the a1306 perhaps also, made at different factory or later date. Also there is a second source company called Svantic IC that produce some of these discontinued toshiba devices.

The 1st rule to avoid fakes is to avoid bying discontinued parts especially if it is for new projects but I see everyone doing this over and over again, why ?????.

Fyi

I received answer from Toshiba.
They manufacture both the bulk and taped version. Of course they can't tell whether the parts are genuine or not from the photos alone. On the other hand side they didn't say they are obviously fake.

I'll have to find a way to match them the day I assembly my amp and maybe this will show something.

There has been long time.Are these genuine or fake?How to identify them?I measured hfe of them and 2sc2240 around 230 and 2sa970 is around 300

Attachments

• 2015-09-17 15.08.49.jpg
    2015-09-17 15.08.49.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 2015-09-17 15.08.39.jpg
    2015-09-17 15.08.39.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 242
Why not?
They don't claim to be supposedly better, mythical and mojo ful '76 vintage transistors or something (as if that mattered) but unglamorous modern production (Lead Free !!!!!! ) with even more unglamorous "assembled in Thailand" labels.

As of Toshiba themselves (if they can be bothered about such an unimportant issue) , they won't be able to authenticate a naked transistor on a picture, but they can sure validate the data printed on that box, it must be on their accounting database somewhere.

box of 2240

I'm afraid that the box looks fake.
The TOSHIBA logo on the GUARANTEED tape doesn't look right.
Those markings on the transistors themselves also look suspicious.
Here is the photo of genuine guaranteed tape.
Compare the logo and the letter "R" with those on your photo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.