Are there any real tube amps for the car....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know there's Butler (impossible they're really using the tubes at the plate voltages they use), there's Milbert - too expensive, and US Amps - not good reviews on the boards although I tried a 2-channel one a member had but until I replace my HU it was hard to tell as my MC245 sounded better.

I'm a tube junkie in the home and really was hoping someone made a tube amp that sounded like a tube amp for the car.

Never saw that one. Great tube selection. Bummer on 2-channel although makes sense. I guess its needs that outboard ps?

Again - ton o heat from that puppy.

Thanks for the link - interesting.

I'm thinking probably 9-pin tubes as octals just need a lot of plate voltage and dissipate way too much heat.

It's doubtful they sell them in the US. You could try contacting them to see if they'll sell directly but I believe they carry a pretty hefty price tag.

There are also several tube hybrids like Genesis, Blade, Mark Anthony, Planet Audio and several others.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.