Are Mono Blocks worth the effort ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like the idea of monoblocks, so that is what I am planning on building. You can make them smaller than Stereo units. I have standardized on the 330 x 300 footprint sized chassis. Power supplies are in separate enclosures. Since I have two heatsinks I am building M2X/F6 monoblocks. Can use either amp module or both.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Personally I think it's worth it to get speaker cable lengths down. Unless you are a lifestyle audiophile who wants his amplifiers in front of the speakers to show off. In that case you are a lost soul...

Well, if the chassis had the width of the distance between the speakers, all would be well, soul saved, speaker wires short [emoji1]

But, silly comments aside, what about bridged or parallel modes?
My opinion is that if two cases are an option, then for something, uhm, really different/promising.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Well, if the chassis had the width of the distance between the speakers, all would be well, soul saved, speaker wires short
I have no need for monoblocks personally as run active speakers so two stereo amps and short cables.

should he not also go the balanced way for that last bit of precision?
I wouldn't say balanced interconnects give you precision, but I have them as I can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.