Are EV Eliminator 1 horn Drivers any good?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have access to old "EV Eliminator 1" bass horn pair. This is 3 way, two horn tweeters, one mid horn and horn loaded bass driver. I was looking to build La Scala type bass cab with MF and HF horns. I am wondering if Eliminator 1 drivers are good enough for the effort. I could not find any data on these drivers on the web. Thank you very much for your help.

Oh!

Old, old enough :eek:

LF - 15L
MF- 1823 + HD8
HF - 2 x ST35

Regards zeoN_Rider

Attachments

• ev.jpg
    ev.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 101
Thank you for quick reply.
Is it worth the trouble to remake EV Eliminator 1 into La Scala copy cabinet? I found some old PDF on EV Eliminator 1. It is only RMS 100w and 45 to 14khz. I was hoping 2-300w range. My plan B is EV equivalent of Klipsch K-77a set and Speakerlab HD350B sets. I heard they are not as good as original K-horns.
Do you have any good suggestions for HF & MF compression drivers? I am planing to make wooden horns for the drivers for fun and show up my wood working skills.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.