Another Tripath Amplifier from China

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got the amp, no SMPS.
I used one of my variable output supplies from my test kit, not the best but adequate and there was no clicking at all.
I listened to it for a good half hour and I have to say that it is a good power amp.
I used a DIY imod as a source by the way......

OK I found my keys...
Looks good quality inside, clean with only a few spatters on the underside. Decent input caps (2.2uf) good soldering, no burning.
The switch seems to operate the sleep function rather than power or mute as most do.
There is a jumper wire under the board that is designed in, not an after thought. The output inductors are small but so are the ones on the Kensington and that sounds great!

All in all..... a really good power amp for the cash....

smaller.jpg

Here are some hi-res of the board:
Bottom

wow, looks great! this is a releif, i just got confirm. mail for my minimus 7's, the crossover mod is on it's way, AAND i even got a quasi- confirm. mail from this t-amp guy!!!! pretty soon i'll have my monitors all set up!!

any suggestions on cheap/quality cables? i need dual 1/4" to rca's, then i need to go from this t-amp to the minimus'

ty

tyler477:

Sorry, you can't use these Tripath 2024 amps as headphone amps unless you separate the common (-) channels on your phones, which is rarely practical. The amps are bridged internally, and the negative speaker channels are not tied to ground. Connecting - L and - R together will damage the amp.

Search around; I think there's a thread where this is discussed in more detail.

--Buckapound

I have just received mine today. It came with a universal 12V 2A power adapter. Plugged it in with my beloved Rockboxed iRiver iHP-120 as the source.

Bad news: my amp is dead silence even with the iHP-120 cranked at full volume.

Will try to investigate more during the weekend.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.