Another Tripath Amplifier from China

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the one I linked above also has the ta-2024 chip in it but cost less and comes with a powersupply, fully built in a case. If you just want to try it out...
Just be sure to tell us what you think! A full report is warrented. I for one would be excited if it has as good a sound as my AMP10.

I have soldered some surface mount components and it's only mildly difficult once you figure out how to do it.

The AMP10 had like 7 surface mount things on it. I found that if you put a dot of solder down on one leg or side of the device, then scoot it in to the wet solder it tacked it down very nicely.

I learned a great deal about soldering from this site:
soldering tutorial

Very straight forward and easy to understand.

Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180278130433&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

OK, I just took a gamble and ordered one of these, despite some concerns:

- seller looks like they changed ebay name
- seller has some negative feedback
- lots of the good feedback is from ebayers no longer registered (despite high # transactions)
- most other feedback is from low value sales, and purchases.
- the board looks too much like the reference board, is it all just a photoshop scam?

Anyway, I'm a complete novice to DIY audio (planning to build some TB W3-871 TABAQ or CYBURGs to go with this), so I won't be posting a review as I probably can't tell the difference between a cheap plonk and a grand annee, so to speak. But I can let you know if it arrives, and post some pics etc if it does.

Livin, you say other ebayers are offering the same unit, but I couldn't find any, maybe you could post a reference if you see one? I was also looking at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-15-watt-4ohm-TA2024-D-class-Audio-Amplifier-Board

Any views?

The one you posted last will be the one I´m going for. Concerns are still there, but being lazy, I´ll give it a try and will get a stronger amp from 41Hz later on. Since I don´t need a case, this slim version is exaktly what I need, as I am planing to put the amp in small Speakers (haven´t decided so far, but I guess I will incorporate some high-SPL PA-Speakers like the SP6/100 PA from Monacor).

Thanx for alle the input, I´ll be back as soon as I "Shoot" one :)

@EmergencyDpt
Thanx for the tutorial!!

jackpipe said:
thanks thomascurtis, tilroh, I'll try one of those sure boards if the zero-channel one doesn't arrive.

I gambled also and ordered end of july one at ebay. These time they were registered at ebay yet.

- communication very, very poor. No hello, or bye after transaction. you got just a paypal e-mail and this was at the beginning given wrong. After I asked again, I got the right paypal email account.

- then I got a little information in poor english regarding delivery delays because of olympic games. O.K. thats realistic ...

- I got no positive feedback from them for my ebay account. Now it seems they work under another ebay account.

- 2 days ago I send them a warning that I would give them a negative feedback at ebay (hahahhaa, should have better looked before at ebay if they are still registered) AND I wrote them to make a complaint to PayPal. One day later I did it and now I got a tracking number that item was ready sent same time I made a compaint.

I hope to receive the amp in some days. I think I was one of the first purchasers.

Hello Dealer

I ordered one to, first i received tracking no. but nothing was send
under that number. Ask him to look at this and received this reply.

(Sorry?is being assembled and test, you'll soon issue.That is our logistics enquiry system, cargo information we will advance input)

According speedpost its send.

I have an email from them, with an ESpeed post tracking number, but it says the item hasn't been received at the sorting center yet, so I guess they haven't actually sent it out yet.
I guess the fact they have a tracking number means they have paid for the delivery anyway.

I received mine today. The Speaker Terminals are much smaller than
I imagined before, but the main problem is another:

Switching ON - I heard a pulsing bad noise out of the right speaker. Thats not normal and I disconnected the amp from system. I will write to the chinese sellers - this was definetly my last order from them and I felt before that this order could be time and money waste ...

I receivdr my amps today, hooked one up to a simple powersupply from my battery charger (12V, 2A), plugged an iPod in (cable was included) und took a JBL Control 1G... Works good so far. No intensive listening by now, but so far I´m satisfied.

@The Dealer:
I noticed the slight cklicking sound, too. With my power supply it only is a very low leveled "cklick", I can live with that, since I plan to use those amps for portable outdoor-uses. So I have to charge my battery and see how this works. Hopefully a small one will suffice.

More to come..

Still not received mine, and in fact the espeedpost tracking details say they haven't even received the item from the vendor yet, although when I emailed the vendor about this they said it had been sent, and espeedpost must have just not updated the trcking details yet.

Don't know what the rules are on getting money back from paypal, but I've since received a couple of boards from Arjen, so I'm not so interested whether this turns up or not now (apart from the money).

OK chaps, sorry been very busy but I did rig it up to my test speakers just now and it sounds very good, no idea of bass extension through these things but the clarity and definition is there:D
No noise, the silent passages are black as they say.
Can't find my allen keys to open it up but I'll post photo's when I do.
Oh yes, and the output is trimmed to within +/-1mv on both channels:up:

Sabbelbacke said:
I receivdr my amps today, hooked one up to a simple powersupply from my battery charger (12V, 2A), plugged an iPod in (cable was included) und took a JBL Control 1G... Works good so far. No intensive listening by now, but so far I´m satisfied.

@The Dealer:
I noticed the slight cklicking sound, too. With my power supply it only is a very low leveled "cklick", I can live with that, since I plan to use those amps for portable outdoor-uses. So I have to charge my battery and see how this works. Hopefully a small one will suffice.

More to come..

Mine clicking was too loud and it came from right channel. There is no doubt that something is wrong with that stuff... I am not going to
ruin my speakers. I definetly cannot live with that - Should I ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.