Another SJEP Giveaway

Besides, they don’t exist :rofl:

Oh yes, they do.
Nelson has plenty. We have some left. Ebay also.
And we are building something new with them, totally different from the J2.

I built a J2 with the last giveaway using these boards, awesome amp with a great power supply.

The Gerbers of the above were of course published with Nelson's kind approval, and is public.
Anyone can order for himself for 20USD or so. Minor cost in the whole build.

Cheers,
Patrick

Reactions: 1 user
After some thought I have decided to decline my winning of the jfets and boards.I think someone else can put them to better use than I can.Some time ago I was the fortunate recipient of Nelson's previous generous donation of SJEP jfets.With those I reworked the power supply of my take on his F7 and built my version of Nelson's F8.I am so pleased with this attempt at it that I think this is my end game amp.So I feel someone else should deserve to build and enjoy one of Nelson's fine creations.Thanks again to all the generous folks involved.

Reactions: 4 users
Now I know even better that being nr 13 is not a lucky sign....
But thanks for the very generous donation of the unobtanium to the greedy ones! I love this group of people.
And looking forward to hear about all the great amps that are going to be made.
Now back to all those unfinished projects I allready have!

This is getting a bit crazy.
I am already being asked for matched 2SK3497s.

Yes, we have some.
We were able to acquire recently 60 pieces of 2SK3497 alone (without 2SJ618s) and curve traced all at temperature.
With such a small batch, we could only find 18 pairs to 5mV Vgs AND 3% Yfs at 1.3A 55°C.
So they will have to cost 400 HKD a pair including PP fees and Registered Air Mail (packet).
FOB. Not insured, not by courier.

But of course you can use IRFP250 instead. They cost ~6USD a piece unmatched.
Advantage of 2SK3497 is , as mentioned before, closer Vgs and Yfs to the Semisouth than IRFPs.
Not must have. Nice to have.

In any case, these are small sums in the total cost of a worthy build.

Patrick

Last edited:
I have some urgent matters to settle till end of February.
So we'll set up a GB then and offer the above-mentioned 18 pairs.
And maybe subscribers would have the option to order some unmatched ones as spare for repair.

So please be patient for now and not send me PMs.
And keep and eye on the GB forum, so we don't pollute Codyt's thread.

Thanks for your interest,
Patrick

DRUMROLL......................

first name on the list is: amandarae

last name on the list is: tubesguy

Congrats to the winners!!

Amandarae should pm me a shipping address; tubesguy should pm steve jones a shipping address

Thanks to everyone who participated. Keep an eye on this thread, should additional pairs become available. As mentioned, any other giveaways will go from the top down (2, 3, 4, etc)
Crazy, I win by coming in last! It's like the NBA draft or somethin"

Thanks to Cody and Steve for their generosity. Great community here. :)