And what did we buy today?

I'm 68. Taking on a hay farm was never in my plans. But, if I can pull it off it will give me a focus to work towards in my retirement. People who have goals live longer than those who retire and set idle.

My mother was from a farming family in south GA. Maybe I can continue the family heritage and hope my genes will sustain me.

I'm just a poor dirt farmer trying to make it in a world of high technoligy.......:p

Farming is a "loss" write-off proposition. We have laws that allow us to fail regularly. The property is listed as a "Farm". You get lower taxes. If you don't make money there is no penalty. All I have to do is make a "conscientious effort". There is money to be made in hay for horses, but it has to be special hay. Might work, might not.

I have a co-worker who has several goats and a couple of cows. He harvests a couple cows a year for meat and it is a legal farm.

Considering that a large percentage of congress representatives in the USA have degrees in law, and use this ability to pass laws to their advantage to take tax rite-offs, I see no issue with using these laws in my favor as long as I don't break the law.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Arrived. Back to RPN and away with the cheap £10 calculators that fall apart after 6 months).

Attachments

• 8FD2517B-4A06-4C24-8E17-A0656D390DD0.jpg
    8FD2517B-4A06-4C24-8E17-A0656D390DD0.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 166
Arrived. Back to RPN and away with the cheap £10 calculators that fall apart after 6 months).

I had an HP28S during college. It was extremely useful for solving an equation graphically. It can digitize an an inflection point of a curve and give you the X,Y coordinates. Used that in exams as a huge time saver. Used it for homework and quizzes daily. It was worth the cost.

Hated RPN. Just about as annoying as controlling an instrument with SCPI. Both are ancient curses from HP. Thankfully, today there are Basic, C, Python and LUA. All of the modern Keithley SMUs use LUA.

A range of drivers from a company called Iwai, simply because they were cheap and there is an on-going local group buy. Iwai Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

For some future project/s, that I may or may not think up.
Even if I do, may or may not find energy and time.
Even if everything comes together, my other half may or may not permit!

what a waste!