And what did we buy today?

Got a good deal on this, it was refurbished on amazon.co.uk. Not that easy to get a copy in Belgium.

Attachments

• 51Ob6blpRqL._SX448_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51Ob6blpRqL._SX448_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 168
Jim, perhaps your system / room was already quite well dialed-in, hence no astonishing “improvement”?
I must admit to feeling a bit smug, having "beat the computer." But to be fair, I've only tried one round of measurements; perhaps some experimentation with placement of the measurement mic is in order. But yes, I have spent many hours taking manual measurements - in-room below Schroeder, quasi-anechoic above. Followed by lots & lots of listening, to triangulate a proper "room curve" overlay.

I think Dirac etc. may be a reasonably good approach for those who just want to smooth things out some, without spending so much time. DIY folks like us are probably not the target demographic for a product like this.

Last edited:
The growing of those “vegetables” is by far the easiest part - the timely harvesting and processing for consistency of “nutritional value” is a science. It certainly doesn’t help when the government -at least in our province - gets in the way by simultaneously legalizing, monopolizing distribtion, and severely restricting access to that supply network of highly efficient local growers. The first retailer of such products to receive a business license in our fair city several years ago, and who has jumped through every regulatory hoop the various municipal counsels could devise, including construction permits for renovation of a “heritage” building one block away from City Hall and spent well over $1M on same, has had to shutter their 2 stores since October, awaiting the Province to get their act together, all the while paying rent, etc and topping up wages of highly trained and qualified staff above UIC benefit amounts to ensure their retention.

Sorry for the rant, but one only needs to follow the embarrassment of almost Trumpian caliber thatis currently coming to light in our Legislative Assembly to be enraged. These incompetent idiots knew well over two years ago now that this was coming, and this is the best they can do? But I think I know where you can get a good deal on a gently used wood-splitter.

Tried to sell my disasembled PAS-3, with no success (what's da matta with fowks?)a nd decided to assembled it and maybe use it myself or sell it RTR but needed some stuff:

From AES I ordered caps - the multi-sectioned electrolytic and some polypropylene that goes to the frunt panel.

From Electrokit.se, I bout resisters and for a future synth projeKts some ICs and IC sockets.

(Spelling, well ...)