And what did we buy today?

A TSDZ2 middrive bicycle motor to climb those pesky Norwegian mountains on the daily commute. Turns out experience from DIYaudio can be used for other things than amplifiers.
Notice the custom oak power plug with speaker connections for 36V DC at 18A. The battery connector was too exotic to be found in a store.

Attachments

• 20181220_010555.jpg
    20181220_010555.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 20181220_010612.jpg
    20181220_010612.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 20181220_010622.jpg
    20181220_010622.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 183
His and hers dental surgery, just in time for the holidays. Will be enjoying a different diet for the next several days, something a bit softer...

Managed to stop by the electronic surplus store on the way and grab a couple silver mica capacitors for a project here however.

I like that powered bike!

I paid the eye clinic for my my cataract treatment - still better than 20/20 now. That'll make putting my amp camp amp together easier - If the chassis every gets out of the Heathrow Gattwick area. Parcel tracking seems to have stopped, I wonder what could have stopped that. Time to stop droning on....

If Amazon on-line ordering counts, the two CD re-master of Eva Cassidy “Nightbird” - full live session of January 1996 performance at Washington DC Blues Alley. Not a rabid completist of any artist’s work, but a long time fan of this one, and upon reading the detailed notes I couldn’t pass it up. Decided against the DVD, though - can’t remember the last time I even fired the BD player up. Wait a minute, it was either the Loreena McKennit Nights at Alhambra, or David Gilmour Live at London Royal Festival Hall - both treasures for the concert footage and extras, but I digress.
If recent deliveries from the big A are any indication, this might well be here in time for my birthday next week (Thursday) .

Some great music there.^
We purchased his and hers car batteries, as both were rapidly failing.

I had trouble with my new car not defrosting the windscreen.
Apparently the car has smart power management and if the battery is low it stops high power things being turned on.
After 3 trips to the garage they finally decided it was the battery and changed it.
Another symptom was auto-start/stop had stopped working. Again because battery was low.

ASUS Sound Card Essence STX II

Hopefully I won't blow the input to this one up. I tried a protection network of a 220R resistor and a 2.4V Zener network on the cheap sound card and could not blow it up with 40W output of a class AB2 6L6 amp into a 8R load.

It will be interesting to see if the protection network adds to distortion.

Man, I hate when I blow up a sound card.

Last edited:
Actually it was last week, a pair of Paderno classic non-stick frying pans on sale at Canadian Tire. After the textured Ozeris slowly lost their non-stick quality, they became a lot less easy to use and a nightmare to clean. These are a delight to use and take little more than a quick wipe with soapy cloth and rinse. I know that well seasoned cast-iron would be ideal, but with a glass top range, I’d be worried.
Have used gas cook-tops at both my sister’s and daughters and would love to switch, but when we asked about that a couple of years ago, the gas-fitter advised that with 5 connections on the existing line, we’re at the limit on our meter.

Last edited: