96.8 KB · Views: 427
  • horn.jpeg
    horn.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Jim;

I made a nice hybrid amp from a similar thingy. I used MOSFET source followers to drive an output transformer, and a tube preamp/phase splitter. A nice bass guitar amp, as the result..

Hi Wavebourn, If your bass guitar amp is any thing like the others you share here I am sure its very nice.

What I bought today:
16 bags of a concrete mix. No, not for speaker boxes. For my garden. I plan to build concrete boxes on top of a concrete floor on my backyard, and plant flowers and some vegetables there.

Speaking of your back hurting.......

jim

So I drive to CSS today to drop off a woofer that planet10 left at my place for delivery. OK, everything's fine, I can do that. I can just give the box to Bob, wish him well and be off, right?

I guess you get to a time in your life where you have to admit something. You're an addict. I was there for a bit and started getting itchy just listening to music so I asked to be let into the backroom. The guard recognized me so it was no big deal, he'd seen my antics before. I heard him chuckling as I left.

2 CSS RT1 ribbons
2 HiVi SS1 ll domes
4 Jordan JXr 6T wide range
4 Reckhorn W-130 woofers?

My name is Cal and I'm a Speakerholic.

Attachments

• IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 466
So I drive to CSS today to drop off a woofer that planet10 left at my place for delivery. OK, everything's fine, I can do that. I can just give the box to Bob, wish him well and be off, right?

I guess you get to a time in your life where you have to admit something. You're an addict. I was there for a bit and started getting itchy just listening to music so I asked to be let into the backroom. The guard recognized me so it was no big deal, he'd seen my antics before. I heard him chuckling as I left.

2 CSS RT1 ribbons
2 HiVi SS1 ll domes

My name is Cal and I'm a Speakerholic.

We DREAM of customers like you :)

Enjoy your treasures!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
2 CSS RT1 ribbons
2 HiVi SS1 ll domes

Bob told me about the ribbons... Jesse borrowed my pair and wouldn't give them back so i had to buy another pair. Now i need to get a spare set of ribbons and EnABL them.

The Jordon boxes say JXr6, the picture is of the precurser to the Alpair 5, J6T (both Gregg & i have some of those)

dave

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Finally my 25EUR 10" woofers arrived

HUGE spider begs fore removing, and replaced by thread spider
Dustcap may go away too
Poleplates are awfully thin
Magnet is smallish
It doesnt sound like the 94 db its supposed to have
On the other hand, it sounds like it will be quite nice fore a 2way
:happy1:

Attachments