And what did we buy today?

Finally got around to getting a Harmony remote. Awesome! Found a used one for $20. I think the seller thought he was fleecing me because he thought it was DOA. Seems to work perfectly, except perhaps finicky about charging. Perfect for my NFL viewing rig, composed of obscure, rock bottom TV's without fully functioning remotes.

yup :D

Attachments

• FC485AF9-976A-410D-A059-84A5EE65F8BB.jpeg
    FC485AF9-976A-410D-A059-84A5EE65F8BB.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 107
I looked them up in Auto Trader and they seem reasonably priced for such a useful car. Nice going.
It is abudget cars in all aspects. Spareparts can be bought cheaply, tax is low, insurance is also very acceptable and it can run at 0.6 litres per 10 km (you have to convert that to miles per gallon).
It's not a racer och heavy duty car, but it certainly fulfills my most essential needs - takes from spot A to spot B.

It is abudget cars in all aspects. Spareparts can be bought cheaply, tax is low, insurance is also very acceptable and it can run at 0.6 litres per 10 km (you have to convert that to miles per gallon).
It's not a racer och heavy duty car, but it certainly fulfills my most essential needs - takes from spot A to spot B.

My Corolla is 13.5 yrs old and just refuses to give up working so I’ve been unable to upgrade for years... my old BBQ on the other hand, probably older, has finally rusted through so there’s no controlling the air flow and is ready to move on, to a student house perhaps !

I also bought a new dishwasher, the old one (17 yrs) just died on the job. Had to wait over a month for a new one, Covid waiting list... I will be running it for the first time today!

Last edited:
This car is 15 years and a lot of miles but essential parts lite clutch, brakes, chamber, front window etc is recently changed so there are many miles left.

As I helped a guy order stuff from AliAxpress via my "postbox" in France (to get away with taxes and various fees I decided to add some stuff for myself:

• Bluetooth audio receiver template, stereo wireless speaker, power amplifier modified DIY Bluetooth module 4.0
  • 3-13mm Bridge Pin Hole Hand Held Reamer T Handle Tapered 6 Fluted Chamfer Bit Reaming Woodworker Core Drill Cutting Tool
  • Mini DC 5V Electromagnetic Lock Small Electronic Lock Electric Bolt Cabinet Lock PXPA
  • Short Distance Scan Sensor Sweep Hand Sensor Switch Module 36W 3A Constant Voltage for Auto Smart Home Compatible XK-GK-4010A
  • 60 Minute Square Mechanical Kitchen Cooking Timer Alarm Reminder Food for Kitchen Food Preparation

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I drove my 306 S16 for 24 years (unfortunately wrote it off earlier this year)! Peugeot make really practical cars. I didn't know there was a station wagon variant of the 206, I don't think we got those in Aus.

There seems to be a good reasonaby priced spare part supply out of Latvia. I bought from their in the past :)

Tony.

I got lucky today I bought all these Nos original Motorola mj15022/23 and 25 on semi 21193g transistors, unfortunately hi didn't have their complementary, there are 30 transistors additional not shown on pic, 100 is dollar with shipping, seems fair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-130512_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20201003-130512_DBA.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 192
After almost 2 big projects my Dewalt orbital sander bit the dust. I built a bed and 3/4 of my speaker project. I'm guessing 175-250 5" sanding pads. Out of the bag it had a bit of a rattle to it. I never really liked it. I went with Makita. It sounds a lot better. This is the second Dewalt power tool that was a disappointment. The cordless drill had such a slam stop to it that it would loosen the chuck and the bit would drop out. I'll stay away from their power tools.

On a positive note, my 4+ year long speaker project will be "done" in the next 4-6 months.

Attachments

• sanders.jpg
    sanders.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 151