And what did we buy today?

...and unusually really overmuscled and long either left of rigth arm.

Also, i see in the distance, what appears to be human constructions. By the size of them, it would probably be some sort of temple or cult related structure.....a sort of big empty cylinder, many kilometers high.

Last edited:
I spent several of my lockdown days digging through boxes that have not been opened since I packed them in Florida 6 to 8 years ago.....I had to abandon that idea aince my unfinished project list is now probably longer than my life expectancy. I knew that I had a partially built MFOS Ultimate, and Ultimate Expander board set, that had ben robbed for parts over the years. It turns out that I had two Ultimate boards in different states of partial assembly. The older one had been hacked up to use different parts, and possibly try some experiments that I can't even remember. It is now devoid of most of its parts, but the newer board set is nearing completion. I have been soldering on them for two days.

Got the TEMPCOs which had to be 1K

I have some 1K's and 3K's. MFOS, however want's a 2K with a +3300 PPM TC. I need 4 of them so I'll try wiring 2 1K's in series unless Mouser or Digikey has something suitable.

and a PT2399.

I needed two of them for a Eurorack module. Amazon had 10 for $10, so I will be experimenting with those soon.

The idea is to make the chorusing section from an old ARP / Solina analog string ensemble with 3 or 4 of them and a complex clock signal. I found some original Mostek 50240 Top Octave Generator chips, still in the degraded Radio Shack packaging. The plastic package has turned to dust, as has the bkack anti static foam, and some of the leads. Maybe some of the chips are still alive.

I might put an order in for some parts from Mouser today.

Judging from Tubelab sales (2 orders this month, it's usually 10 to 15) and the number of direct mails from Digikey and Mouser and others, it seems that a lot of people are talking about projects, but few are actually building them.

I will order some parts today. Not sure if it will be Mouser or Digikey, it depends on who has what I need in stock.

Due to the high number of people at home on the internet, my internet service slows to nearly useless in the afternoon. Since it's not too cold and the sun is shining, it's working OK now, so I will try to order the missing parts for the MFOS boards this morning before the rain comes tonight.

Went right to ‘tank’ on that one!

My first car was a 1949 Plymouth that we called the "tank." This was primarily because it did the tank duty quite well.

I got rear ended by a full size 70's Pontiac with a plastic nose. The Pontiac was towed away with a broken radiator and severe front end damage.....I wiped the green paint off my lightly dented bumper and drove on.

In a stunt of teenage driving, I took out a power pole with that same rear bumper....I hit it in reverse. The little dent got a little bigger.

Chasing my friends around a moto-cross track....no problem. The tank just kept on running, and pushed everything in it's path out of the way.

I had that car for over 20 years and I broke or blew up just about every moving part in the drivetrain, but that's how kids in my generation learned how to fix cars.

Did kids race their cars? The tank went to the drag strip when I first got it where it turned in a blistering 22.something in the quarter mile (really slow). With each repair or rebuild, I made some mods. I took it down the same drag strip after the last major rebuild, where I had improved it to 17.something, still slow by today's standards, but this was an old design (late 30's) flathead 6 cylinder rated at 97 horsepower in a 3500 pound car.

After 20+ years of my abuse it was still running and drivable, so I drove it to a friends house where I traded it for a tube stereo.

@George My "tank" was a Volkswagen... I beat the crap out of that car, but I could always make it serviceable.

Well, I ordered that order from the mouse... I also got gas... I paid 77.9/L CAD! Premium, too...

"Never before have gas prices been so low when nobody needs to go anywhere".

Indeed. If I didn't enjoy driving, I wouldn't care at all... Although some moron got caught going 149 in a 50 yesterday LOL

Last edited:
Well, won't be buying anything for a while
We've gone into a total lockdown. Essential services only.

Yep fingers crossed they ease up on the restrictions for non essential mail order as the results start to show a reduction in cases in a couple of weeks.

I'm waiting on one miserable $5 DC- DC jack from Ali Express so that I can complete a linear power supply for my B1 Korg. But my previous home made effort using Jaycar plugs cost me several hundred dollars of fried circuit board!

1955 Cheve Belair 4-door. 235 straight 6 with 3 on a tree shifter.

I had a friend in high school with the same car, although I believe that his was a 56. That car WAS a tank, and looked so ugly that nobody ever stole it even though it didn't lock and there were two wires hanging from the dash that was the ignition switch. Someone did steal the 8 track deck though.

I believe that my tank could beat his tank in a destruction derby, but his was quite a bit faster.

My Ford Edge (tank) SUV with a stock 2.0 litre engine does the 1/4 mile in 15.3.

A bit of turbo boost, and direct injection does that. Ford stuck that same Eco Boost engine in a Mustang a few years ago, and nobody bought them despite the fact that they were seriously fast. Ditto the SVO turbo Mustang in the mid 80's. They were the fastest car on the road, but they didn't sell.

In the mid 80's I stuck the turbo 2.2L engine from a Dodge Daytona into a FWD Charger and went hunting for Mustangs (on a drag strip, of course:D). If I could slam shift 2nd gear right at the 7200 RPM rev limiter, I could beat a Mustang GT. My Dodge Charger....2400 pounds, 200+ HP, FWD. The Mustang GT, 3200 pounds, 235 HP, RWD. Win or lose, it all comes down to traction. 1/4 mile in the low 13's....in 1986.

I do remember washing my hands in gasoline

OK, gas was 30 cents a gallon when I was a kid. A can of Gunk was almost a dollar (79 cents at Kmart). What are you going to use to clean car parts with? It was the parts cleaner of choice until.... I managed to set myself, my car, and the front lawn on fire. In a panic, I did the right thing.....turn and RUN......right into the lake. I made that 100+ foot run in about 2 seconds. Lost most of my hair, and had a few burns mostly on my hands, but little other damage. The car, however was toast. It took most of about 3 months, but I did make it run again. Do you know how many wires and vacuum hoses are in a 1965 Grand Prix? Miles, and miles, and, miles......

Now, back to my DigiKey order. I need some more parts for my MFOS synth.