And what did we buy today?

Gifts to Sweden will anyway undergo a custom control by Swedish Postoffice and result in the $8 administration fee. But no 25% VAT.
I needed some IC’s for my synths and considered for a long time to buy cheap stuff from China, but decided to use well reputed sellers in USA, even though the price was much higher.
A fake transistor array won’t make VCOs sing.

Todays purchase: a camera. Dropped the idea of upgrading my digital camera to a fullframe Canon EOS Rp and bought this beauty.

START

I just picked up & paid for some CNC'd birch ply... Hmmmmm. Wonder what I'll do with this.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_214536_548_small.jpg
    IMG_20200308_214536_548_small.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 141
Despite the YouTube claims to the contrary, you can't build one out of old pallet wood......Well you can, but it will warp all out of shape in short order and will not stay in tune.

The guitar I made out of old waterbed sides did however work out and stays tuned pretty well. Two of us had been working on DIY instruments in wood shop class. It just happened that we both got to "first (unamplified) sound" on the same night, so we sat around playing our creations until school security ran us out and locked up. Steve's in now a finished electric uke, and mine has some beat box buttons and electronics installed, but is not finished since my job went away a few months after this was taken, and I had to move out of state.

Attachments

• Jammin_2_x.jpg
    Jammin_2_x.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 130
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just got a spare part Akai GXC 710D that I bought 2 days ago from Ebay.
The case is not in good shape and there is a scratch on the front but everything seems to works fine :)
Now it will have to go into quarantine in the attic for some time :eek:

20200313_110112.jpg

It looks like noone was inside before.

20200313_110408.jpg

I hope it was good spend 60 Euros :D