Amps for Whole House Audio : Multi-Room : Muilt-Zone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going to be setting up a system to pipe audio into all my rooms in my house and my patio - 4 separate zones

I will be controlling everything separately via a PC so each zone can have different music playing.

Since these are mid-level ceiling speakers for 'background' music the amps don't need to be powerful but I'd like them to be decently clean/clear.

I'd like to use a digital amp due to size and power requirements. Just wondering if anyone has done this with a T-amp or any of the DIY kits... what you used, what case you used, how it turned out, etc.

Thanks for the tips/suggestions!

tsmith1315 said:

I'd be interested to know more about this. Any suggestions as to where I should look?

Tim

You can have a look at www.xlobby.com (there is a freeware version, have a look in the forums). With a bit of ******** around you can setup 4 separate zones with separate control (look for kx drivers thread). I haven't done it myself so I can't remember if it is multi-source. Cheers, cc&c.

XLobby is what I'm planning to use... BUT development on it is SLOW and I'm loosing patience. I'm starting to look at Girder5 & Netremote

Currently I use XBMC (on the original xbox) and it is being ported to Linux. So, I'm hoping that will be a viable solution once it reaches its first release... and it is free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.