Amp cuts only when engine is running

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well guys, im not sure voltmeter is ok as i told before so tomorrow i will try different voltmeters.

Size of the box is:
L=60cm
W top 25cm
W bot 37cm
H (from bot to top) 36cm
Walls thickness about 2cm+
So volume should be 48380cm3 = 48.4L

Also turk, my multimeter reads 25Vac when even key is not in ignition, so pretty sure voltmeter doesnt work.

well guys, im not sure voltmeter is ok as i told before so tomorrow i will try different voltmeters.

Size of the box is:
L=60cm
W top 25cm
W bot 37cm
H (from bot to top) 36cm
Walls thickness about 2cm+
So volume should be 48380cm3 = 48.4L

Also turk, my multimeter reads 25Vac when even key is not in ignition, so pretty sure voltmeter doesnt work.

Did you remember to reduce sub and port capasity to get net litres?

That meter sounds kinda dead :/

Last edited:
Not any functional meter should be so crappy that it would measure that kind of readings :) Maybe there is something happened to it, but didn´t you measure same readings with your fathers fluke?

Turk had good point there...
Yes i did, it showed the same. And what more i have measured his car too... shows same results +- 0.3 V of my 30.7V

But are u sure if u go to your cars take voltmeters and measure, u wont get same results as i do?

Last edited:
I think that sub of yours is just fine for your purposes..sealed enclosure has easier control to handle but you need a lot more power from your amp to get same loudness than from vented enclosure, in my opinion.

If you want to buy a new sub..I would recommend DD 500b -series, it is a entry level sub..but sounds great and LOUD for the price :)

Last edited:
well i'm stumped!
i wish you the best of luck with all this.

Turk: Don´t give up yet :) There´s something everybodys missing.....

Well, anyway im too tired of thinking what can be wrong with my car, what stereo system i should buy to make it work great. U say i should stick with this sub i have, but i really want to make a good stereo sound, just i have started all this 3 weeks ago, i dont have much information about matching stereo parts together. Just i dont know anyone who is good in stereo systems that could just tell me buy this and that and they will play well for u.
I got this amp cuz i were told it will be enough this 1 with 200rms for subwoofer.

Well thx for now and i will check more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.