Amp Camp Pre+Headphone Amp - ACP+

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For 8R, it is also current limited at 0.36W.

If you are running sine waves, you find the amp more limited, but I am
getting 2 watt peaks into the Tannoys with somewhat audible distortion.

I would call it 1 watt "music power" like in the good old days, enough to
annoy the neighbor on the other side of the wall, but not enough to
break a lease.

:D

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Amp Camp Preamp extravaganza for builders at 2019 Burning Amp, has now been going for 2 hours and 15 minutes. I figure that somebody ought to complete their assembly and connect up their board to Play Music fairly soon. Maybe in the next 120 minutes. I hope their reaction(s) are wildly positive.

What I noticed was that all connectors and pot is mounted on PCB. It will be difficult to find a box in correct size where you drill holes and everything just fit......unless you mount connectors and pot on chassis and use wires to PCB......can be done that way of course...

Joined 2008
Paid Member
The build seminar was full when I registered...but with a little greedy boy stalking I was able to score one before they even finished putting the extra kits together. I know at least one other mate from down under who was right on my tail. Don’t know how much of a feeding frenzy it turned into afterwards.

What will happen with the remaining boards? Will they go to the store for the people that were not able to make it to SFO? :worship:

The build seminar was full when I registered...but with a little greedy boy stalking I was able to score one before they even finished putting the extra kits together. I know at least one other mate from down under who was right on my tail. Don’t know how much of a feeding frenzy it turned into afterwards.

I really would have liked to attend BAF this year... it kicked in when I finalized my Vfet :cloud9:, but couldn't convince a fellow diyer for the adventure and the number of remaining holidays were too limited (if we do that kind of a trip, we also need some site seeing in the bay area among other things :drink:).
I envy all you lucky greedy boys!! :eek:

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I couldn't resist building the ACP+ as soon as I had a bit of free time. Stole away a few hours this afternoon.

IMO a fabulous match for Meze Classics. I have not tried it out as a pre-amp yet, but I certainly will be.

At the moment, the Stooges seems to fit very well with this combo. FWIW just feeding it from an iPhone running Qobuz. It can only get better from here. :D

With a heartfelt thanks as always to @Nelson Pass, Jim (@6L6), Paul Norton, and anyone else that helped make this possible and such a great deal of fun. Your generosity with the DIY community is just incredible.

:worship:

IMG_1604.jpg