• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Altec 816 Beyond Ariel Inspired RADIAN 745 Neo Azura 425 Le Cleach Horn Welborne

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

i sold off my project speaker which was inspired by the Beyond the Ariel Thread on diyaudio .

i considered myself lucky to have picked up a pair of Exemplar Ported Bass Horns which were actually build by Welborne Labs . here are two links , the first showing the welborne labs horns :

Audio Asylum Thread Printer

the second describing the Exemplar Bass Horn Project on which they are based:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jmarkwart/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/spexemplar.pdf

when i received the Horns i started sanding them and primed them with the intention to paint this summer , but as it turned out , my plans changed . at this time they are primed , and i could easily offer to finish them in duratex for a small fee , or if they don't sell , i might actually finish them in a nice midnight blue .

the bass bins were additionally braced in the horn flare section to eliminate resonances , and sheets of blackhole5 were applied to further dampen the box. speaker posts are pure copper cardas . they have each two 3" flared precision ports .

on top we have the Azura 425 Le Cleach horns as discussed at length in the beyond the ariel thread , which i used with a pair of Radian 745 neo 16 drivers . i did not feel the need for a super tweeter .

no crossover is included in the sale as i used a DEQX to take care of the 700hz crossover point . i have the original pallets the bass bins were shipped on and also the boxes for the horns and GPA 416 drivers .

asking price is $2500

i would prefer a local pickup or might be able to deliver within the area of WI , Madison , Milwaukee , Chicago, St. Paul.

but i am willing to ship everything if you can arrange a freight service for pickup .

to sum up what is included in the sale :

two Great Plains Audio (Altec) 416 8C

Two Radian 745neopb16

Two Azura 425 le cleach Horns

Two Welborne / Exemplar Mid / Bass Horn ported

the setup was only used for a few months and all drivers are in very good condition , just past the break in period . i will consider selling parts of this setup but would want to sell the bass bins first .

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Hi

i had a few inquiries regarding shipping so i would like to add some information .
i am willing to ship but you will have to find a freight company to pick these up , prices vary greatly and it is worth shopping around .
if anybody knows of a reasonable shipping service please let me know .

the bass bins are approx. 26x26x26 and weigh 90lbs each , i do have pallets for them . shipping is from wisconsin 53965 .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.