Alpine RUX Knob pin connections?

That worked. I measure about 20k on the signal line when power is off. All other wires (except ground) are open. The 5K pot is a bit too much (top 1/3 doesn't do much) though usable. 3-3.5k seems best. My pot measured 5.8k so I put an 8k resistor in parallel with it so it works well through the full range.

Connection polarity is not important except if you are a normal person you want your pot set up to increase bass when turned clockwise.

The bass control can be just a pot between pins 2 and 3. It just shunts the signal to ground.

R1702 (1.5k) and R2302 (150 ohm) along with the bass control knob pot will determine the characteristics of the control.

Attachments

• alpine_bass.png
    alpine_bass.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 280
Well this did not work :(

I thought my amp was the mrv-m500 however on the top of the amp it says MRX-M55 :( so potential cockup

I am using a cable with rj12 6pin connectors which are connected pip to pin, no crossover.

I have measures the pin outputs, with the amp off, as follows

Pin 1 nothing
Pin 2 14.7 k ohms
Pin 3 1.5 ohms
Pin 4 nothing
Pin 5 nothing
Pin 6 nothing

I am using a 5k pot with a 10k resistor in parallel which brings the pot to 3.5k

So is the problem the output on Pin 2.

Although I enjoy a challenge I starting to think it would have been easier just to buy the propper knob