ALFET MOSFET give away (ALF08P16V + ALF08N16V / 2 pairs)

Joined 2019
Paid Member
@jugi63 - re: post#55 and the incredibly generous offer from the one and only @Nelson Pass - If you decide to move forward, and if you would like to divide the work a little and perhaps save some postage for people, I'd be happy to handle distribution in North America.

It is your project that got this started, but I would suggest that those that were on the list as of the time your offer closed be included to receive parts. I didn't count the number of participants, but if there are extras, you could do one more random draw exactly as you did before. I believe that is how a few of these situations have been handled in the past. It's also the most fair way to handle it, IMO.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like any help. Mostly, once again, thank you! The generosity is amazing in this community.

Reactions: 1 user
Not so fast. I have some to spare if you are willing to handle distribution.

Shall we say 50 quads?
Hi there Nelson!

Generous as always. :)

Sure, if you are willing to depart with 50 quads, then yes I will handle the distribution.
It would seem fair to me that the people on list (#46) all get a quad and along with that there would be a new lottery for the rest of the quads. This seem ok?

How do you want to proceed?

• Thank You
Reactions: 7 users
if you would like to divide the work a little and perhaps save some postage for people, I'd be happy to handle distribution in North America.
Thanks for the offer, very kind of you. But the work is fine and it is maybe easier to handle all the info, and addresses (uncertainties?) from one location.
And also I checked the price for a letter shipping to the USA and it seems to be around 5 euros - so maybe not a breaking point... I'll still have to weigh a sample parcel and get the exact price. But I'll get back to you then if needed. Thanks for the offer!

Reactions: 2 users
That's indeed a noble gesture of our man, would be a great incentive also for me to build something cheering up myself in a long time, F7 seems to be the remedy. :)
What would be max supply voltage for F7, can it do 2x32V, if not in full class a then would it be possible to compensate by dialing down the bias current a bit and run it in heavy class ab?

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi there Nelson!

Generous as always. :)

Sure, if you are willing to depart with 50 quads, then yes I will handle the distribution.
It would seem fair to me that the people on list (#46) all get a quad and along with that there would be a new lottery for the rest of the quads. This seem ok?

How do you want to proceed?
Any way you like. Send me an email and we can work out the details.

:)