Aleph X heat sink thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I talked to Teresa, here are the prices for the 6" heatsink extrusions:

All prices below are in CDN
1-9 is $ 42.13 each
10-24 is $ 35.11 each
25-49 is $ 30.10 each
50-99 is $ 28.86 each
100-249 $ 27.36 each

A $ 50 setup charge applies to the 6" heatsinks and will be split up.

The order needs to be done by January 2nd.

For reference, if we get 25 heatsinks ordered, they will cost CDN 30.10 + CDN 2 setup each (divided out), which is $20.70 each in USD, plus shipping. They can be added on to your 11" order for shipping.

The order needs to be done by January 2nd. If you are interested, submit your order soon!

--
Brian

Thanks for the update, Brian. I'll be submitting my order for 16 pieces tomorrow, so in the meantime, everyone who's on the list for 6" sinks, please submit yours too so I don't get raped on the price :D I may ask Theresa to put a condition on my order quantity based on how many others are ordered...

... January 31st can't come soon enough! :vampire2:

...and wasn't there one point in this thread when someone
reported that Ms. Clark was worried about the number of
sinks that had been ordered in the early going ?? ;)

p.s. have you ever been putting a digikey order in and then
after a while you scroll down to look at your total? :eek:

moe29
--------------------------
don't get sentimental,
it always ends up drivel
-------------------------------

Moe,
The key to buying from Digi-Key (pun intended!) is to try to make at least the next quntity column over and get that discount. Granted that not all the quantity colums give big breaks but it can offset some things that you'll need
Take the IRFP240 for instance. Going from the 1 colum to the 100 colum saves takes the per unit price from 2.57 each to 1.49 each. And you'll need quite a few to be able to select t.01 volts, and they will send devices out from the same code date if ya ask them. Thats quite a savings. And you could sell the left overs to someone else here on DIY anyway. The difference you save would cover the cost of many of the small components you'll be soldering to your pcb!! Since I plan on building at least two more Aleph 2's for myself and a pair of Aleph 3's The quantity buying that I did from them on my first parts order will save $$ in the long run. Don't know about Newark, and others as I buy mainly form Digi-Key and Mouser. Both are very nice places to deal with.
Mark

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Aleph (2) heatsinks

Hi all!

I have just picked up my own heatsinks, for my Aleph project.
Probably more expensive than yours, but then, it's a different design.
And the shipping-price overseas did not justify joining the group-buy.
But for scandinavians; there is more of this, where it came from!

Arne K
NORWAY

Attachments

• heat-1-img.jpg
    heat-1-img.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 564
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.