Aleph X heat sink thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Different Length

OK, who wants these heatsinks in 6 inch length?

I'm prepared to order at least 12, maybe 16 at 6 inch size, and there's at least one other member who wants this size. I figure a pair of 6" heatsinks will make a slick, compact monoblock, capable of dissipating 120W or more without breaking a sweat!

According to a price quote from R-Theta, the 6-inch length would be $30.10 CAD (~$20 USD each) at a quantity of 25 or greater.

Any takers? Please add your name to the wiki... I've separated the "wrong length" listings from the herd of 11" lemmings. ;)

Speaking of cardas binding posts for the X amp, can anybody recommend there patented binding post. It is the one in the picture all the way to the far left. I have never actually try them but they look like they’re easier to tighten by hand then typical binding post because of the big screw in the center. I also like that the plastic piece in the center moves only backwards and forwards and not around and around. The binding post in the picture to the far right is another post sold by cardas for exactly the same price as their patented binding posts. I am a cardas OME so I can get good prices on all there stuff.

Leve

Attachments

• binding post.jpg
    binding post.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 526
The ones on the left look pretty weird. I don't know if I would like to have them on my amps.;) They also prohibit the use of banana plugs (not that I like to use them). The ones on the right are more appealing, and you can buy a plastic wrench to tighten them really well.

Do you think we could arrange a group purchase on Cardas post and get substantial savings?;)

Peter,
your cardas posts look better than what's in the picture, they appear to be some type of solid Cu alloy (I should read the datasheet) while the ones in the picture just look gold plated. Am I wrong?

Please do initiate a thread about that, I would be interested in getting a few of those.

How do you feel about having a bunch of Peter Daniel's amp clones around the world?

grataku said:
:att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n: :att'n:

ALL:
I called Theresa at r-theta here is how it should work.
There are three groups of customers:
US customer, canadian customers and customers that wish to purchase special lenghts. There are different minumum order requirements for US or Canadian orders, and our quoted price is ONLY for the 11x11 inches heatsinks.
I was told that special lengths are, and I quote, "a completely different ball game" should either email Theresa and get a separate quote, which will be higher than the standard, or, and that is my personal suggestion, forget about the special lenght and just join the main order ;)

For US customers there is a 250 USD minimum order, so 250USD x 1.55 = 387.5 CAD. Therefore, at the quoted price that is between 49 and 51 CAD, 8 heatsinks should qualify as minimum order.
A 20% handilng fee will be charged ONLY to orders to the US of less than 250 USD.
IMPORTANT: US CUSTORMERS MUST PAY FOR THEIR ORDER USING VISA CREDIT CARD ONLY, NO MASTERCARD, AM-EX, DISCOVER WILL BE ACCEPTED. VISA ONLY.

Edit###########

MASTERCARD is OK for US orders as long as the customer is aware of potential problems with MASTERCARD exchange rate policy.

Edit###########

So for example I will be buying 8 heatsinks and I will be charged for the say 50x8=400 CAD + shipping, the heatsinks will be packaged and sent to my address.
Members that wish to purchase less than 8 heatsinks, and there are a few in the wiki, should probably merge their orders to meet the minimum. A encourage them to quickly email each other and cluster up their order.

Canadian orders have a smaller minimum of 150 dollars, I don't know how Peter will handle that but I suspect that under these circumstances even canadan members that live outside the Toronto area should probably have the heatsinks shipped directly to their address. FOR CANADIAN CUSTOMERS BOTH VISA AND MASTERCARD ARE ALLOWED

THE FOLLOWING NEEDS TO HAPPEN BEFORE THE ORDER IS COMMITTED:

an email containing NAME ADDRESS, NUMBER OF PIECES, CREDIT CARD NUMEBER AND EXP. DATE should be send to Theresa Clark in reference to quote
RT0143-03 (heatsink profile 65340 11 inch lenght)

tclark@r-theta.com

Alternatively a FAX can be sent at 800 567 7115 (from US) or 905 795 2508 (from Canada)

As soon as the threshold of 100 heatsinks is met the order will be locked and production will start. According to Theresa the production phase should not require more than two weeks, so given a week for people to send their payment information and the holidays, we are looking at mid january for delivery.

Please, put a note in the wiki saying PAID after you do so.

I am CC'ing this to Theresa in order to confirm that all I have stated above is an accurate reflection of our converstation this morning.

Some people e-mailed me asking what's going on, the thread is too long and some folks got lost. So I quote grataku to bring the last info.;)

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter,

For the 6" lengths, do you have any idea how much setup charge would apply for these if there was 25 total ordered from others(I couldn't find the setup fee price). Do you think that these could be added onto an order for the 11" pieces that I already ordered, as I won't make the $250 min with these, as I only want a pair.

--
Brian

OK Folks,
I just got off the phone with Theresa and she was wondering why we have only confirmed 124 pieces when the initial interest was for over 250. She will be closing the order on 02 Jan and whomever has their orders in then will get the final price. The current price is $51 CAD/piece which is the 100+ quote. Waiting for the price to go down won't help as she will complete everyone's purchase based on the final total on the 2nd. You can call her today or tomorrow or after Xmas or email her over the holidays with your orders. She is very nice and giving us an OEM price but we need to complete the order. I also directed her to the forum so she can follow our site especially this thread. There has been some interest of our site in her office and she will look in the heatsink related threads and pass any questions on to their engineers.
Chad- I also asked her if she had any additional interest in some 6" pieces and she had only heard of three people looking for them. I saw a few people on the wiki but I don't know if we will get the interest in the size to make the prices reasonable.

I just talked with Theresa as well and she said that the CC is charged at the time of shipping, so it doesn't really matter when you place the order (but sooner is obviously better). The deadline is January 2nd and you can send her e-mail during the Christmas.

She was little suprised indeed that we didn't reach 250 number yet, but when I was talking with Berry initially, I never expressed interest in that amount. I only asked for a 100 and 150 quote.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
hifiZen said:
Brian,

You should probably talk to Theresa directly about combining the shorter length with your previous order. She quoted rkoo and I a setup charge of $50 CAD for the order, and something like $30.10 CAD each for a run of 25.

Alright, I will give her a call. There probably could be more interest in the 6" extrusion gathered and possibly lower the price. People in the Solid State forum might be interested.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.