Aleph J Schematic

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If I remember correctly, Nelson told me that the 250's are "just" two 240's in a single case. Since the case is a metal TO-3 I think that keeping it cool won't be a problem. I too was thinking along the lines of an Aleph J with IRF 250's. But since we have a lot of them and the Burning Amp cases are quite well heatsinked, with higher voltage supplies, it would be nice to have a "High Output Aleph J"

I don't think that it would be a big problem to individually wire the 250's . After all, there won't be THAT many of them in the amp..

:hot:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Luke said:
Hi Variac,

I vaguely remember Choky posting a new jfet front end for the aleph two somewhere. Cant remember which thread it was, try search.

nope ....... yes ......... ?

but yes - now ;

sketch ; few DiyAs already implemented that in few X-es

Attachments

• wtfmucho.jpg
    wtfmucho.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,111
Variac said:
If I remember correctly, Nelson told me that the 250's are "just" two 240's in a single case. Since the case is a metal TO-3 I think that keeping it cool won't be a problem. I too was thinking along the lines of an Aleph J with IRF 250's. But since we have a lot of them and the Burning Amp cases are quite well heatsinked, with higher voltage supplies, it would be nice to have a "High Output Aleph J"

I don't think that it would be a big problem to individually wire the 250's . After all, there won't be THAT many of them in the amp..

:hot:

Hi Mark,

Thanks, that triggers a recollection. I also seem to remember Nelson also saying the 250's are slightly darker perhaps a little more bass emphasis. Don't hold me to that, it's just a faint memory.

Separate topic ; BTW, I emailed Jason about helping, and did not hear back.

-David

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zen Mod said:

nope ....... yes ......... ?

but yes - now ;

sketch ; few DiyAs already implemented that in few X-es

resistor just above input LTP must be ~ 1K1/1W ....... ppl don't call me 4eyes without reason :rofl:

Luke said:
thanks choky, thats on my list of things to do one day.
Aleph 2 is 45V rails, will this work ok?

why not ; if you choose to make it , just buzz ...... so we'll make dedicated sketch , with triple checked values

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:
An X'ed, jfetted Aleph 2 sounds like just the thing - 'cause it has everything including POWER!!!

Realistically something with more like 60 w/channel.. . an Aleph J5x would be of interest to AR2, and Variac for their shiny Burning Amps! though I suspect that Eric Weitzman would also be interested.

have you these , ya cwayzee Mod ?

(work is in progress ........ as soon CeeVee finish prototyping of his Drekling :rofl: )

Attachments

• xclosew.jpg
    xclosew.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,123
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
David,

OH MY GOD!!! I was about to write and say that I was interested but it would depend on the final direction that we go. Kind of a crummy response to such a generous offer...

THEN:

I was looking at the photo of those boards, and thought: "those look familiar" Then I thought "Well if those are the old Aleph X boards I can't imagine that I didn't order any" because back awhile I was a sucker for any board being offered. So I went to my Drawer Of Shamefully Unused Boards, AND THERE WERE 4 Aleph X rev 1.0 boards!

Now I don't know how many I'll use, 2 for me and maybe 2 for my brother who won the bidding on an amp. I know that AR2 would be VERY interested in a pair though. I'll write him. Now maybe we will end up going a different way to the same point, depending on what Nelson comes up with, but it looks like we have about enough to standardize on them. I can only assume that there are a lot more out there!

Here's a quote from the Aleph X builder's thread:
"I am also wondering how many will be built in the end. But with over a thousand boards out there I estimate conservatively that if half those that ordered are serious then we have about 100 people that intend to build it in the near future.To be even more conservative I think about 40-50 Aleph-x's are going to be made at least."

Mark

I think I just got lucky:

I was rummaging through my pcb collection and ran across a pair of BrianGT Aleph boards.

I'm comparing schematics (Aleph 3 and Aleph J) and they seem similar except for values, transistors, and transistor footprints.

Looks like I've got some reading to catch up on--unless Nelson's planning a quick turn around on his pcbs. Just in case, I've got a little bitty kitty hidden under the house... :eek:

Hummmm.:)