Aleph J illustrated build guide

something is fishy

do what I said in #1894

I got my Aleph J singing today after about couple of weeks and thanks to all guiding me on the issues. The issue was with couple of mosfets damaged because of the heat not being dissipated to the heat sinks. Those mosfets were no properly mounted on the heat sink and hence got damaged. So ordered matched mosfets again and had to wait for some weeks and I received them last week and replaced all the 4 mosfets with proper mounting of new heat sink holes/tapped. This time I used hex screws rather than the usual star screws for mosfet mounting.

I set the bias to 400mv and the heat sinks are manageable and hot to the touch. I think I will not go beyond 400mv bias as the heat sinks may not manage with our tropical climate. Managed to get 0.1mv dc offset on both the channels and after playing for more than couple of hours the offset drifted around 4 to 5mv otherwise pretty stable. The hottest amp build so far :)

Thanks

I got my Aleph J singing today after about couple of weeks and thanks to all guiding me on the issues. The issue was with couple of mosfets damaged because of the heat not being dissipated to the heat sinks. Those mosfets were no properly mounted on the heat sink and hence got damaged. So ordered matched mosfets again and had to wait for some weeks and I received them last week and replaced all the 4 mosfets with proper mounting of new heat sink holes/tapped. This time I used hex screws rather than the usual star screws for mosfet mounting.

I set the bias to 400mv and the heat sinks are manageable and hot to the touch. I think I will not go beyond 400mv bias as the heat sinks may not manage with our tropical climate. Managed to get 0.1mv dc offset on both the channels and after playing for more than couple of hours the offset drifted around 4 to 5mv otherwise pretty stable. The hottest amp build so far :)

Thanks

Congratulations [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok here you go ;)

fn8vo8.jpg

11bpws3.jpg

a4ljwj.jpg