• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

My set-up
Roon streaming into Allo UsBridge Signature with Shanti PSU
Mirand USB DAC V1.2 AKM4490 with dicrete output stage
Mirand A1 V1.2 amp with classic PSU, two 300VA, 0-32v, 0-32v transformers
Speakers PMC TB2i/ KEF LS50

This is one if the best sounding set-up to me and Roon upsampling to DSD256 takes to another level. Currently using DAC volume control, waiting for discrete pre from Sonny. Thanks to Sonny for offering his products.
Have been using it for past 4 months, need to finish case only bought heatsinks the temporary psu housing part of case was from different project.

Congratulations, now try HQplayer for upsampling and see if its any better!

Tonight I finished assembling Mirand A1V12 in a new case (Cresnet SMPS Audio SMPS units for sale). And again I am very happy with this amplifier, it is my favorite in the AB class:) And this is the first time I have listened to it with Mirand DAC 1.2a, USBbridge sig, Sghanti. Exceptional! And many thanks to Sonny !!!

HI Van

Looks great.. What's with the copper in between? Any sound improvements?

Congratulations, now try HQplayer for upsampling and see if its any better!

Thank you sebbyp
I was using HQ Player (trail version) before when I had classic Allo UsBridge (sparky based), though it was great better than Roon sound wise, it had stability issues with Mirand 4490 USB DAC, it used to loose connection once in couple of weeks and after multiple restarts both DAC and UsBridge and replugging USB cable it used to work for few weeks before it disconnects again, not sure the exact reason.

I started using Tidal and I moved to Roon and it was much better stability wise, Need to try HQ Player again, might be it would work well this time with my new Allo UsBridge Signature.

Also I have Salas BiB kits for Analogue stage and two Ref-D mini kits to power both clean side and USB side of the Dac. I plan to try them soon.

Thank you sebbyp
I was using HQ Player (trail version) before when I had classic Allo UsBridge (sparky based), though it was great better than Roon sound wise, it had stability issues with Mirand 4490 USB DAC, it used to loose connection once in couple of weeks and after multiple restarts both DAC and UsBridge and replugging USB cable it used to work for few weeks before it disconnects again, not sure the exact reason.

I started using Tidal and I moved to Roon and it was much better stability wise, Need to try HQ Player again, might be it would work well this time with my new Allo UsBridge Signature.

Also I have Salas BiB kits for Analogue stage and two Ref-D mini kits to power both clean side and USB side of the Dac. I plan to try them soon.
Hey ravid
If u still have 4490... Have u try removing the nte clip off the feet. ... And power it from outside.. It's night and days difference in sound and stability., I think because I'm using reflector d. It just didn't like the nte 0505 load and cause many issues as well. Try any good low noise ldo..only total removal will work.. Otherwise it's the same.
And use the best supply as well... 4490 sounds crazier than ever.. Super yummy

Last edited:
Thank you sebbyp

I'm not sure what V. of HQp you were using, but the recent version 4.0 is much more stable.

When things go wrong, which is never at the moment. The best way was to turn off hqplayer, ssh into the output and restart NAA.

Screenshot_20191125-011227_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Cut pin 1 and 3 Vin
Cut 7 and 8 v out
Previously I was lazy didn't cut 7 and 8.. The upgrade failed. Still same problem.

post #1496 by aboe shows location of nte 0505mc and the jumper j13 I think for external input make sure right direction

Feed your favorite isolated supply since nte0505 mc is actually an isolated DC to DC. I am using Lt1963 on a separate transformer unused winding . Different caps etc change the sound in a huge way as well.

With Same winding.. Effect of sound improvement is small.

A small receiver cap soldered on pin under the jumper also helps.. To help transient. I tried there is a diff.. 47 ish uf for me.

View attachment 797357
Cut pin 1 and 3 Vin
Cut 7 and 8 v out
Previously I was lazy didn't cut 7 and 8.. The upgrade failed. Still same problem.

post #1496 by aboe shows location of nte 0505mc and the jumper j13 I think for external input make sure right direction

Feed your favorite isolated supply since nte0505 mc is actually an isolated DC to DC. I am using Lt1963 on a separate transformer unused winding . Different caps etc change the sound in a huge way as well.

With Same winding.. Effect of sound improvement is small.

A small receiver cap soldered on pin under the jumper also helps.. To help transient. I tried there is a diff.. 47 ish uf for me.

Also, I was lazy to cut 3-7-8 :)
Last night I did it and it is an improvement in sound!
Thanks , Anthony:)

Honestly, I was a long time against SMPS, but now, with Cresnet sources, I do not notice any difference in sound. I also did a blind test with friends, no one could say which is the classic source and which with SMPS from Cresnet :) But, for my peace, I am going to make one with the classic source :)
:) An ABX test of two identical amps - one with a classic psu and one with a smps would be very interesting. I have been considering a Connextronic SMPS for my setup (when built by Sonny) BR, Per

Last edited: