Aftermarket ac power cable-put your opinions here too :-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a picture of one of the Audioquest Storm series power cables and Oak speaker cables at the local dealer. All solid core copper and sounds great with the MBL equipment.

Attachments

• AQ power and spkr 8-28-18.jpg
    AQ power and spkr 8-28-18.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 132
The AQ power cable and the great MBL speaker. What a great sounding speaker. Even more so when driven by the matching 500w MBL amp powered with the storm series cable.
Here is a picture of one of the Audioquest Storm series power cables and Oak speaker cables at the local dealer. All solid core copper and sounds great with the MBL equipment.
No cable lifters. Missed opportunity. :(

The AQ power cable and the great MBL speaker. What a great sounding speaker. Even more so when driven by the matching 500w MBL amp powered with the storm series cable.

I am dissapointed; you need at least the Radialstrahler 101 X-treme @ 250k to really appreciate the added value of the Brilliant Pebbles wrapped around the power cable connector and placed in the room corners, plus the Shakti Stone on top of the signal source.

Those MBL Radialstrahler 101 E MK2 @ 70k are essentially an overpriced mid-fi product. Brilliant Pebbles and Shakti Stones can't fix the poor sound of these speakers, even if the MBL N15 amp is decent.

I am dissapointed; you need at least the Radialstrahler 101 X-treme @ 250k to really appreciate the added value of the Brilliant Pebbles wrapped around the power cable connector and placed in the room corners, plus the Shakti Stone on top of the signal source.

Those MBL Radialstrahler 101 E MK2 @ 70k are essentially an overpriced mid-fi product. Brilliant Pebbles and Shakti Stones can't fix the poor sound of these speakers, even if the MBL N15 amp is decent.

Yes stones and pebbles would make an improvement to the already fantastic MBL's! There is no finish line in audio!

Because it sounds better

Sorry I forgot to mention I have already done my duty. I paid $100 or so for one of Bybee's QP's. It didn't make anything sound or look better (against all claims). I didn't test the quack medicine claims, which are probably actionable if anyone wanted to bother. So please leave me out of this.

Funny how this goes there is something that just might have a basis such as DACs with different filter tradeoffs and it goes right back to testing nonsense.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.