Affordable best caps for aleph 5 - PSU -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: aleph

MikeW said:
Aleph amps have a great midrange and highs, but their strength is not bass. If you want bass build a X100 amp or Krell clone.
:smash:
Or build both and bi-amp.

Thanks for the advise.

zlast said:
I will second that nomination for a KRELL...if 50 watts is enough, you cannot beat the low end of the KRELL KSA-50. All the information for building one is on the DIYAUDIO wiki page.

50 watts Krell will be perfect, but I can't locate the wiki site through search engine. Would you point me to the said site. Thanks

Dan,

Thanks for the offer. What is the volts rating and brand with your caps. I need something 63v minimum.
What I need is something 20,000-30,000uf, but I don't really know what different it will make on sound with bigger capacitance. ( between the 20,000uf and 68,000uf ).

Thanks

Joined 2002
Paid Member
albertli said:
Dan,

Thanks for the offer. What is the volts rating and brand with your caps. I need something 63v minimum.
What I need is something 20,000-30,000uf, but I don't really know what different it will make on sound with bigger capacitance. ( between the 20,000uf and 68,000uf ).

Thanks

I have some extra 68,000 uF caps leftover from my Aleph five project I may sell. Drop me an email.

Merry Christmas,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.