Advent Powered Loudspeaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hope nobody minds too much if I bump this for another shot at it. Threads fall off the main board pretty quickly these days. Last chance, I promise.
My friend told me that the overload protection kicks in on these things, so I may have to do some repair work.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
replacement amps

paulb said:
These ones came with the amps pre-blown, apparently it'sbeen a real problem with this pair. Your comment confirms my thinking: I'll look at replacing the internal amps.
Thanks for the info.

The XOs on these are probably fine. I'd think about replacing the amps with some gain-clones -- http://pub4.ezboard.com/ffakeidsfrm1

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
paulb said:
Thanks. XO means crossover? Just opened up the cabinet, supply is +/- 50V, a little high for chip amps.

I'd look at that as an opportunity to change the power-supply to choke input ... but it is probably easier to find an amp board kit that uses 50V.

The 100W AKSA uses 49-0-49. 100W for a tweeter is a bit of overkill thou.

You could use the existing PS for such a unit, and put in another supply for a gain-clone for the tweeter.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.