• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Active filter board GB

Not a Jens board design, but a power supply that should serve a variety of needs.

positive and negative regulators on one 80 x 100 mm board

Options of plain or fancy diodes, CRC filter.

The regulator portion is basically teh same as Pass used in the A75, with the addition of a capacitor on the zener. Adjustable voltage out by swapping resistor values.

Space for large heat sink

Comments/ interest? about $6 at 100 pieces.

regulator.jpg

Jens, You've got mail.

I added a waiting list signup section on the WIKI. Priority will be based on when I receive an email expressing interest the wiki will test interest in another run of boards after the safety stock is exhausted.

I'll set up a psu GB wiki this weekend. It will include the option to include a parts kit. The parts aren't terribly expensive, but a kit would be convenience rather than a money saver.

Anyone want to do a GB for OPA2134s? We've got interest in well over 1000 pieces.

BobEllis said:
Jens, You've got mail.

Anyone want to do a GB for OPA2134s? We've got interest in well over 1000 pieces.

Hi Bob, I would be interested in 4-6 PS boards. I would offer to help out on the GB for the OPA's but I am so rural that I have to drive 5 miles just to get to my P.O. box. I say this because I am blown away by your and Jens effort with this GB and want to show my appreciation.

Stan

I'll post a schematic once it gets cleaned up a bit. I mucked around with various ideas until the wee hours this morning and it is not well organized.

It is a completely discrete regulator, no three terminal devices. It uses a BJT pass device like the MJE15030/31 controlled by a differential pair referencing the output to a zener or other voltage reference.

If you look at www.passdiy.com the basic regulator schematic is as used in the A75 (see page 1 of A75 part 2 ). I don't use the voltage doubler part of the supply and have added a cap across the zener to minimize noise.

The output voltage is set by the value of the zener and the values in the voltage divider in the feedback section. I've used this topology for anywhere betwen 10V and 65V output.

Some people prefer discrete rectifier bridges, especially when made from high speed soft recovery devices like the MUR820, so I provided that option. Pass Labs decided to use a similar type of rectifier in the X.5 series. You can also use the $.06 1N4007 if you don't want to spring for the MURs

I included a CRC section to allow the raw DC supply to be smoother before the regulator stage.

I'm looking forward to the polish that Jens may put on it.