Active crossover design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a look at the sub-woofer controller and input buffer and high-pass filter projects on my website - use dual op-amps though. If you want more modularity and are stuck with single op-amps I have the pick-n-mix active crossover project (use the 2nd-order filters). I have a simple program on the utilities page of the website to calculate values for the filters.

Last edited:
Hi,
is it a crossover you need or a pair of matched Low Pass and High Pass filters?

search for Ti.com
AAJ slyt306
Ti also have a large number of papers (application notes) on designing and building and correcting for errors of the various filter types.

Burr Brown also have software filter2 (S&K and MFB) and filter42 (state variable) that work well.

Try Linkwitz web site.

Check out the old standby book on Op-Amps by Walt Jung.
I might recommended a newer device to work around. The good 'ol 71, 72 series were fine in the 80's but 30 years of design have improved op-amps to the point of high fidelity.
Might also check out Elliot Sound Products. Check out the articles Sid Linkawitz has posted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.